11 Reasons You Should Be Catching Up On 'Grown-ish'

In summary, everything about the show.

21
@grownish / Instragram

Recently, ABC has embarked on a spin-off series of their award-winning show Black-ish. The spin-off is a version of the show following the family's oldest daughter Zoey as she goes off to college. What follows is an honest portrayal of exploring and learning who you are when you're away from home for the first time. Intrigued? Here are a few more perks to the show.

1. The styles

Every outfit in this show is a new kind of Look, with each character showing their own tastes and they're all fantastic.

2. Girls being friends with other girls

Realistically, no less. They're not all always best friends, they have disagreements, but they have each other's backs when it matters.

3. Romantic drama

Because who doesn't love some good drama?

4. Drug conversation

It's interesting to see college drugs portrayed in a way that isn't completely demonized or made to look like a rockstar mentality. The show takes a look at drug use in a collegiate setting in a refreshingly real way.

5. A little bit of positivity

We can all use a reminder to look on the bright side.

6. First heartbreak

It's something we all have to face and something some of us don't handle well, so it's always nice to see a relatable breakdown on TV.

7. The college friendships

The fringe friendships through one common person, the people you always go to, the ones you chill with. Sometimes all those people are in your group, sometimes they're not.

8. The representation

There's someone in this show for everyone to feel connected to, whether it's racially, politically, on the sexuality spectrum and so much more.

9. Commentary on current dating practices

And most of it is spot on.

10. It's really funny

The fourth wall breaks plus timely commentary and classic gags all rolled together into one set.

11. It's relatable

From political tension to romantic heartbreak to friend group drama to wanting to skip class, college is all here.