11 Problems Retail Workers Face During the Holidays

Please don't be "that customer" that everyone hates.

148

No one knows how stressful the holidays are until you work retail, or even if you work retail outside of the holidays. Whether it's working at stores in the mall or at a grocery store, the holiday season brings in the most crowds, and literally the worst behavior people can exhibit. 'Tis the season!

1. When your shifts are too long and coffee no longer keeps you awake.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F12%2F07%2F635850561775028232820830153_giphy.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=133&h=d6602f8d3b63b723a2cc5a15b6260e89b74d792298dd6be87d36994f42193cb6&size=980x&c=3912780053 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F12%252F07%252F635850561775028232820830153_giphy.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D133%26h%3Dd6602f8d3b63b723a2cc5a15b6260e89b74d792298dd6be87d36994f42193cb6%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3912780053%22%7D" expand=1]

2. Dealing with customers who are extremely rude and treat you like you're subhuman.

3. When it takes you forever to make a display look perfect, and someone comes along and ruins it:

4. When people can't figure out how to read instructions.

5. When you're out of a product, and a customer asks you to check the back.

6. Dealing with stupid questions.

7. When people argue with you for doing your job.

8. When people leave things randomly throughout the store.

9. When you hear this joke:

10. When someone says this to you after complaining:

11. And lastly, when they don't have their coupons: