11 Metal Albums You Should Listen To If You're Just Starting To Get Into Metal

Curious About Metal Music? Here Are Some Albums To Listen To!

198
Youtube

Metal music has a reputation for being, well, "scary." But some people are able to look past this and give metal music a try. For those who are just getting into metal, or who just want to give it a try, here are 11 metal albums for you to listen to!

1. Once- Nightwish

The last album with first vocalist Tarja Turunen, Once marks the end of an era for Nightwish. Released in 2005, it is a good example of the must of Nightwish and, compared with more recent albums, shows how they have evolved over time.

2. The Human Contradiction- Delain

Released in 2014, The Human Contradiction is only Delain's fourth album, and continues with the same themes as the previous album, We Are the Others. Either of the two albums are perfect for anyone being introduced to symphonic and gothic meal.

3. Silverthorn- Kamelot

Released in 2012, Silverthorn is the first Kamelot album with singer Tommy Karevik. The concept album is similar to Kamelot's previous albums, and is a prime example of symphonic album.

4. War Eternal- Arch Enemy

If you're thinking about listening to death metal, be warned; this album will give you a pretty big punch in the face at almost the exact moment you start listening to it. Released in 2014, War Eternal is the first album with singer Alissa White-Gluz, who is one of the few women in metal to be capable of doing the death growls.

5. Theater of Dimensions- Xandria

Released last month, Theater of Dimensions is Xandria's seventh album. Dianne van Giersbergen's operatic vocals paired with both choirs and heavy instrumentals helps define this album as one of the best symphonic metal albums.

6. Witches- One-Eyed Doll

Released in 2015, Witches is a concept album about the Salem Witch Trials. Some songs on the album feature the banjo, an instrument that isn't really considered "metal," but guitarist/lead vocalist Kimberly Freeman makes it work.

7. The Ninth Hour- Sonata Arctica

Released in 2016, The Ninth Hour is Sonata Arctica's ninth album. Many have stated that, compared to previous album Pariah's Child, The Ninth Hour is more like Sonata Arctica's early works.

8. Dim Days of Dolor- Sirenia

Released in 2016, Dim Days of Dolor is Sirenia's first album with vocalist Emmanuelle Zoldan. Compared to other Sirenia albums, Dim Days of Dolor features less growling and has more of a focus on Emmanuelle's operatic vocals.

9. The Holographic Principle- Epica

Released in 2016, The Holographic Principle is Epica's seventh album. Simone Simons's clean vocals paired with Mark Jansen's growls gives the listener a true symphonic metal experience.

10. Dark Adrenaline- Lacuna Coil

Released in 2012, Dark Adrenaline is Lacuna Coil's sixth album. The album is defined by the use of male (Andrea Ferro) and female (Cristina Scabbia) vocals and helps define the genre of alternative metal.

11. Shadowmaker- Apocalyptica

Released in 2015, Shadowmaker is the first Apocalyptica album to feature only one singer (Franky Perez). Apocalyptica is unique in that they only use cellos and a drum set, making them one of metal's most unique bands.