11 Lows Of Your Embarrassing Middle School Career

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

36
News Times

When thinking back on your short-lived middle school career, you most likely remember countless embarrassing moments. When I look back, I shudder at the clothes I wore and wondered why my Mom let me walk out of the house dressed like that. This was back when Aeropostale, Hollister, tall Uggs, and colored high-top converse were just about the coolest things you could wear. From braces, voice cracks for boys, and drama over the dumbest situations, middle school was definitely a time that cannot be forgotten, no matter how hard you try.

1. Gym class

For whatever reason, when you put 30 middle-schoolers into a gym, whatever game you play gets real intense real fast. Something about 12- to 14-year-old kids' insane drive for competitiveness and fairness led to heated games, which usually ended in tears.

2. Your clothes

Your closet probably consisted of skinny jeans, converse, polos, more skinny jeans, Uggs, camisoles of all colors, and last but not least, more skinny jeans, because were you really cool if you didn't own skinny jeans? No. You weren't.

3. Braces

By the time you got to middle school you probably had already suffered through an expander, multiple teeth molds that tasted like bubble gum, and those weird blue rubber bands they squeezed in between your teeth. Which all led up to your beautiful brace face which cut the inside of your mouth, hurt your teeth, and ultimately just led to a retainer. It was basically just a horrible experience all around.

4. Pointless fights over...absolutely nothing

If you were anything like me and my best friends in middle school you probably had multiple confrontations over nothing and can hopefully sit back and laugh about it now.

5. Middle school dances

When walking into a middle school dance, you would probably have seen all the boys on one side of the gym with about 20 feet in between all the girls of the grade. It wasn't until that one brave soul decided to cross the line did the two sides intermingle.

6. Sheer awkwardness of your first boy-girl party

Along the lines of middle school dances, the first half hour was filled of uncomfortable vibes.

7. Reading out loud in class

Back in the days when the whole class read the textbook together for about 30 minutes and, of course, you were called on to read the biggest paragraph.

8. Memorizing and reciting poems

Maybe this was just my middle school, but I remember having to stand up in front of the class more times than I'd like to have and recite a poem written hundreds of years ago that didn't even make sense.

9. Your obnoxious behavior on all social media

Around the time when Facebook became more popular, you and your friends probably posted selfies to each others wall and annoy everyone. The funny thing is you probably thought you were hilarious and just had to share your rare humor with the world.

10. Interacting with the opposite gender

Trying to look so cool in front of your crush...

11. Middle school in general

But really..where would we be without middle school?