11 Characters That Should Be In The MCU

11 Characters That Should Be In The MCU

The MCU could use just a few more characters.

729
11 Characters That Should Be In The MCU
SleeplessThought

Since 2008, we have seen several Marvel character embrace the small and big screen. With several shows and ever more films on the way, I cannot help to wonder when some other popular characters will finally be introduced. With characters like Ghost Rider being introduced in "Agents of SHIELD" (AOS), there seems to be endless possibilities for both the shows and the films.

1. Yelena Belova

She’s not a popular character, but she’s e the perfect antagonist for a Black Widow film. Born from the same program as Natasha Romanoff, she first appeared in the Inhuman series. I had thought that she would have been revealed to have been Dottie Underwood’s actual persona in “Agent Carter”, but that was not the case. Still, her inclusion into the MCU would give way to some decent plot lines.

2. Ms. Marvel – Kamala Khan

Of the Marvel titles, currently being published, hers in the only one that I actively subscribe to. As a high schooler in New Jersey, she navigates being a teenager, religious, and a superhero. I have laugh and cried over this series. She is also Muslim, an aspect that Marvel does not seem to be shy about. While “Captain Marvel” is not due to be released soon, that does not mean that we could not get a mention of her in AOS. She is an Inhuman after all.

3. Kate Bishop

I named my second car after her. Funny, witty, and downright gutsy, I love her with all my heart. Kate is the second Hawkeye, but she I just as good, if not a little bit better than the first. While the Young Avengers may not happen anytime soon with the only one to be seen on screen being a kid (Cassie Lang), one can still dream. I’d be willing to forgo a Young Avengers film/show if I meant we could see the sassy like of the younger.

4. Miles Morales

While I’ve only read of him in a few comics personally, he is a bit overdue for an introduction especially with the big push for diversity. He is a Bendis creation from a alternate universe, but with “Doctor Strange”, they’ve opened up the possibility of exploring that.

5. America Chavez

She’s feisty and great and was one of the better parts of the more recent Younger Avengers series. She now has own solo series to boot. If you’ve read her character in the comics, then maybe you’d get it.

6. Angela

Since the release of the first Thor: Ragnorak trailer, I have been wishing to see this character. She is visually stunning on paper, but also interesting to read. She’s the lost daughter of Freya and Odin, sister to Thor, who was raised by the Angels. She is the currently ruler of Hel at the moment.

7. Namor

One of the oldest Marvel characters, having been around since the late 1930s. He has been both a villain and a hero throughout comic history. I am honestly surprised that Marvel has not thrown in many Easter eggs, especially in the Captain America films. He’s a powerful character and one should at least merit a mention.

8. Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine

This is a character who is not extremely popular, but is a name that some people will recognize. She is an agent of SHIELD who has been romantically tied to Nick Fury and is also a friend of Sharon Carter, Agent 13. For years, I have been dying for more canon Marvel characters to make their debut on AOS, but it’s been happening very slowly.

9. Jennifer Walters/She Hulk

I just plain and simple love this character. She is popular and has appeared in the cartoon shows, but there is no hint of her in the live-action world. Granted, she her origins would be hard to work into the MCU, but not impossible.

10. Roz Solomon

She is a more recent character debuting in the Jason Aaron run of Thor. She’s an environmental agent in the comics, but she would not be hard to insert into AOS. Sure, there has already been a character named Rosalind on the show, but connecting the show to the comics is something that show needs more of. Of the characters they have introduced, they have tended to be both older and newer characters.

11. Jessica Drew

She's had a long and storied past, intertwined with both HYDRA and SHIELD, which would make her an excellent fit for AOS. She did featured in "Alias", the comic that introduced Jessica Jones, but her history would not work in the street-level universe that has been built in the Netflix shows.

From Your Site Articles