11 Buffa-Local Coffee Spots You Didnt Know About

My favorites and your new favorites!

35
Cafféology

One of my recent articles was on local food of Buffalo, now let's take a look at local coffee shops, juice bars and cafes! This is especially good for people looking for new places to get their morning cup of coffee or those looking for a place with healthy and delicious beverages.

1.Caffeology

Located right off the Metro stop for Allentown, this small coffee shop serves a variety of coffees, teas, and food. The owner is incredibly nice and friendly. If you are ever unsure of what to try just ask him and he'll make you one of the best drinks you've ever had! My personal favorite is a Gianduia which is more or less Nutella in a cup! In addition to great food and drink, this place also has a variety of events going on throughout the week including Open Mic Nights and Music Nights. Check them out on Facebook.

2. GrindHaus Cafe

This is another small coffee shop located off the Allentown stop of the Metro. They have a great atmosphere and wonderful staff as well. My personal favorite from here is their Chocolate Avocado Mousse. At first I didn't think these flavors would go well together, but they are certainly delicious!

3.Jerk's Soda Fountain and Ice Cream

This great place is right off the Metro Rail in downtown Buffalo. It has the classic idea of a soda fountain and ice cream parlor but with a modern feel. If you are looking for recommendations, I suggest a Cremosa which is an Italian creme soda. You pick your favorite flavor of soda and it is mixed in with creme soda and whipped cream is added on top. Its truly a delicious guilt free treat!

4. Perks Cafe

This cozy cafe has a huge variety of drinks available both hot and cold on their menu. Additionally they have pastries and sweets that are delicious!

5. Daily Planet

Anyone a fan of Superman? I would definitely check out this place! Its a great environment with delicious food and drink. They also have a variety of vegan and gluten free options.

. Squeeze Juicery

Looking for a new healthy and delicious treat? Stop by Squeeze Juicery off Elmwood. They have a great variety of juices, smoothies and wraps to try. I think it is especially great that their smoothies are named after different popular songs from a variety of eras.

7. Cafe Aroma

The location off Elmwood is situation right next to Talking Leaves Bookstore. So you can buy a new book and then binge read it at the cafe next door.

8. Cafe Taza

This place has a huge variety of not only coffee but also teas and seasonal drinks.

9. Newbury Street Cafe and Crush Juicery

I highly recommend the juice bar here! They have a huge variety of juices and smoothies, all of which are delicious.

10. Sweetness 7

This multi-use cafe is situated in an especially diverse area of the West Side of Buffalo. Not only can you get a variety of hot and cold drinks but they also have a brunch and sandwich menu. In addition to filling your hunger or thirst, you can also see an art gallery and look around a local boutique!

11. Five Points Bakery

This local bakery is also located on the West Side of Buffalo. They are proof that delicious and affordable food can be made from locally sourced ingredients. They have a variety of breads and pastries and I would definitely recommend their cinnamon rolls!