11 Bible Verses For The Worrier

11 Bible Verses For The Worrier

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in You."

928
11 Bible Verses For The Worrier
Bigdays

I'm a worry-wart. While this may sometimes be a good trait to have (I'm the most meticulous, cautious person ever), most of the time it's flat out annoying. All too often, I can't fully enjoy the time I spend with family or friends because my mind is somewhere else, dwelling on something that is out of my control. I find peace in God and through these verses, and I hope you will too.

1. Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. An the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ." (ESV)

2. Psalm 23:4

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (ESV)

3. Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." (ESV)

4. Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself." (ESV)

5. Psalm 56:3

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." (ESV)

6. Hebrews 13:5-6

"For he has said, 'I will never leave you more forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?'" (ESV)

7. John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (ESV)

8. Colossians 3:15

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." (ESV)

9. Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my rigteous right hand." (ESV)

10. Psalm 94:19

"When the anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." (NIV)

11. 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." (ESV)

No matter what trial you're facing, large or small, God has you and He cares for you.