11 Best Types Of Ice Cream For When You're Feeling Down

According to millennials: if you're sad, eat ice cream. It'll help you feel better.

5607
Flickr

We've all been there: feeling low, bothersome, vulnerable, useless, like a failure, stressed out, hurt, unloved, and of course any other negative and degrading thought possible. The solution to these things? Ice cream. This thing that is often joked about and mocked can actually truly be a real comfort. Why does ice cream comfort us? Good question! Neuroscientists at the Institute of Psychiatry in London scanned the brains of people eating vanilla ice cream and "found that a spoonful of the cold stuff lights up the same pleasure centre in the brain as winning money or listening to your favorite music." If that's what happens with regular vanilla, then what do you think will happen with your absolute favorite type of ice cream!? This is why eating ice cream helps us feel better. It simulates something we love and if it's a favorite flavor then we will instantly feel much better. Thus I turned to my friends for help, I couldn't possibly know all of the ice cream flavors that are good--I needed outsider opinions so here we go.

1. Cookies and Cream

"Cookies and Cream is what God intended ice cream to be." -A.Mohsen

2. Butter Pecan

"I got it at Braum's once and thought it was really good." -C.Durnin

3. Pistachio

"And how different things mix to perfect creations." -A.Vickery

4. Tillamook Mudslide

"It's the kind of ice cream that countries go to war over." -L.Brown

5. Mint Chocolate Chip

"You would have to be evil to not like mint chocolate chip." -B.Sanders

"It makes me feel emotions." - M.Low

"Classic, but opening an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's and not stopping till I hit the bottom also makes for a great night." -E.Delany

"The mixture of the two flavours surprisingly go together well as ice cream. I like it better in ice cream than like a mint chocolate bar or mint gum... It's great as ice cream. Also, the green colour to it is nice." -S.Duncan

"It's divine and cures pretty much anything." -E.Peters

6. Caramel Fudge

"I love the sugary lumps of smooth sugary goodness. It's basically celestial glory in your mouth." -S.Duncan

7. Happy Tracks

"Blue Bell's mixture of vanilla ice cream, chocolate peanut butter cups, and chocolate fudge is absolute heaven on earth." -K.Billings

8. Vanilla

"Soft Serve Vanilla Ice Cream was spoken into existence along with the heavens and the earths. " -S.Derrick

9. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

"No contest. It's cookie dough. And ice cream. Two of the best comfort foods ever. And I have to be sad to eat ice cream." -B.Prosser

10. Americone Dream

"There comes a time when your country is failing and all you have left to hold onto--that is still good--is the "americone" dream." -K.Billings

11. Klondike Bars--in general

"What would you do for a klondike bar?"

So, in the end, ice cream is a necessity and no one should ever take that away from you. You eat that ice cream--especially if it's your favorite. You will feel better. Cross my heart. In fact, I'm going to go eat some ice cream now.