10 Ways To Heal After A Standardized Test

This is how you can decompress after the LSAT/MCAT/GRE.

66
thepreachersword.files.wordpress.com

Standardized tests: they are just a way for schools to compare you as an applicant to everyone else in the applicant pool. While it makes it easier for the admissions board to have a set of statistics to choose a fit candidate for the upcoming year, it is utterly stress inducing for the candidates to study for such a critical exam as this. Imagine: six months to a year studying. Brain beginning to shoot out every pint of juice it has left to afford. Heart feeling like you can't take devoting anymore time to this inevitably draining exam. Timed sections are the worst. Whether it is the LSAT, MCAT, GRE, standardized tests are draining and they can cause you a lot of anxiety. Trust me, I took my LSAT today after studying for it a year. But here are some tips I have to encourage you to move forth after this exam:

1. Sleep.

You are probably exhausted after studying for this exam for months.

2. Pray.

If you are religious, find a way to connect to G-d and thank him for standing by your side.

3. Meditate.

Find some way to relax.

4. Eat.

Eat healthy and keep your mind focused on the things you enjoy.

5. Thank the people in your life for being your mental support.

Encouragement is always healthy.

6. Think about what you got out of that experience.

Whether it be taking the LSAT, running a marathon or hiking, you learned something from it.

7. Take something out of the experience that you learned about yourself.

8. Toss out your books.

9. Or burn them.

10. Sell them to another soul who has to take the exam.

Hey, on the bright side, at least you can get some money back.

And know, the exam is done.

No more studying.

So stop worrying about it. There is nothing you can possibly change now.