10 Undeniable Signs You're From Kansas City

KCMO not KCK.

83
Sentac

Kansas City, Missouri is one of the most prominent and well-known cities in the Midwest. There are plenty of things that show you are a KC native. This is a list of some of the more distinct signs that you might be from Kansas City. You will understand more once you start reading, starting with...

1. It is Kansas City, Missouri, not Kansas City, Kansas.

Everyone knows that KCMO is much better than KCK, including people who live in KCK.

2. You listened to Tech N9ne before he was mainstream.

Tech N9ne originates out of KCMO, so anyone who liked rap knew who he was, or at least knew his one song "Caribou Lou."

3. You know what good BBQ is.

Gates, Jackstack, Arthur Bryants, and Joe's Kansas City BBQ. All those restaurants have mouthwatering ribs, pork and steaks.

4. Lighting up a bunch of buildings takes on a whole new meaning.

Thanksgiving night is the night where the whole entire Plaza is lit up with millions of lights for the holiday season. Your family drags you out into the freezing cold just to see it.

5. You understand the pain of having bad professional sports teams.

The Royals and Chiefs have not been the best. The Royals won their first World Series in 1985 and did not win again until 2015. The Chiefs have not been to a Super Bowl since 1970. Now granted, both teams have stepped up their game within the past couple of years.

6. Tornados are literally no big deal.

You can expect at least three or four tornado warnings during the spring season. Most of us are crazy enough to go outside and look at them too!

7. The best view of the city can be found on the WWI museum.

Seriously, and everyone knows it too. I even have a picture of myself on it.

8. The MU vs. KU rivalry is more than a game.

This game is for all the marbles. Whoever wins this game, no matter the sport, gets bragging rights for the whole year! This is a war.

9. You have at LEAST one picture with you by fountains somewhere in the city.

They don't call it "The City of Fountains" for nothing.

10. You are prepared for any type of weather.

Your car is a full-blown closet. You have an umbrella, winter coat, flip-flops and even your swimsuit in there. You are prepared for whatever mother nature will throw at you.