17 Thoughts You Probably Had During Band Camp

Is this actually the last time we run half time?

31
Harry Bloomberg

Across the country, college students are moving in to their dorms or have already started classes, ready to start the new school year. What you may not know is that thousands of band kids have arrived early to campus and have already put dozens of hours of blood, sweat and tears (literally) into making the best half-time performances you have ever seen. Band camp (some schools call it Hell Week) is a rigorous week of running drill, learning set, practicing fundamentals etc.

If you have ever endured that fun week of sweating, sock tans, and sub-par food, then you've probably had at least one of these thoughts run across your mind!

1. How many times are we going to run this drill?

2. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, HALT!

3. I wonder if I would be in less pain if I just cut off my foot…

4. If I high step one more time, my lunch may make a second appearance.

5. Did I pack enough socks?

6. Does he really mean one more time or are we going to run all of game day again?

7. How do I get sunburned in the rain?

8. I’m going to have the best calf definition after this drill set.

9. Will I live to the end of this week?

10. Is it lunch time yet?

11. This sock tan is going to be so hot at the end of the week.

12. Is it possible to die from an Ibuprofen overdose?

13. Does the director know water is essential to living?

14. Freshmen, what are you doing?!

15. Shoot, I need to go to the bathroom…

16. I hate band.

17. I LOVE band!

Band camp is a week of fun times and hard work. And even though we're all tired, sunburned and sore the memories and friendships are worth. So here's to an amazing season... It's almost GAME DAY!