10 Things to be Thankful for This Year

10 Things to be Thankful for This Year

Don't forget to always be thankful for what you have.

9
10 Things to be Thankful for This Year
Ana Simon

It's almost 2017 (wow, I can't believe I'm saying that), and it's time to reflect back on the year. Sometimes we lose focus of all the important things in life when we are always so busy and doing 100 things at a time. Looking back at 2016 and everything I have learned this year, I have come up with seven things I am thankful for, and you should be too.

1. My Family:

This one is timeless. No matter what, these people will always be there for you. Even if you're fighting, they are still always there. At the end of the day, these are the people you will always turn to for anything and everything. Although it may not seem like it, your family plays a huge role in your life and in who you are. I am thankful for my family.

2. My Friends:

This is another timeless one. These are the people that have, also, always been by your side through thick and thin. This is your second family. Some of your best memories, biggest laughs, and most cherished memories are with these people. These people continuously put a smile on your face. I would never trade them for the world. I am thankful for my friends.

3. My Education:

Although this may seem like another cliché, you have to remember that you are fortunate for the education you receive. There are kids all over the world who have never received an education and never will. Take into consideration that your education may also be much better than those around you. You may have been privileged enough to get a superior education, both, in high school and in college, and a myriad of people did not have this luck. I am thankful for my education.

4. My Health:

I am so fortunate to live a prosperous and healthy life. Although you may not be experiencing the same luck health wise, just remember that if you're alive and moving, you are still very lucky compared to others. I am thankful for my health.

5. My Food:

You may not always remember this, but there are people dying of hunger everyday around the world. The fact that you get to choose when and what to eat is a blessing. Never forget that. I am thankful for my food.

6. My House:

Everyday when I drive from place to place or even scroll down my feeds on social media, I come across beautiful houses that are bigger and nicer than mine, in my opinion. At the end of the day, you have to remember that although there are houses better than yours, there are also people that don't have a house. These people dream of having a mere roof over their heads to shield them from their surroundings. You have that. I am thankful for my house.

7. My Clothes:

This is something we all take for granted. We have always had clothes and probably always will. We put it on without thinking and throw it on the floor as if nothing, but some people would give up anything to be able to have half of the clothes we have in our closets. I am thankful for my clothes.

8. My Vacations:

Many people have never left the state or country they live in. Yet, I have been fortunate enough to travel to many different places throughout my life. You never consider the possibility that many people don't have the resources or time to venture out and see the world. Few people have the chance to travel to several places during their life time. I am thankful for my vacations.

9. My Sport:

Many people will never feel what it is like to be a part of a team. Or what it feels like to win a trophy for something you have been striving for for a long time. Or what it feels like to score a point. Or what if feels like to play an amazing game. Although these things can be done outside of a sport, it's not the same. Playing a sport teaches you so many lessons and makes you so many friends. I am thankful for my sport.

10. My Life:

Although it may not seem like it sometimes, you live an amazing life. Compared to other people you are so fortunate. It is okay to sometimes feel down or unlucky, but remember that you have it well compared to others. All of the small and some large things you take for granted aren't within grasp the grasp of other people and families. I am thankful for my life.