10 Everyday Things That Reveal A Lot About A Person

1791
Pixabay Photography

Getting to know a person just got a lot more interesting. Now that we occupy both digital and physical space, each person leaves traces that reveal little quirks about them you may not have known before!

1) Google searches

A person’s search engine is a great tool for discovering more about them. Here, you may find their deepest thoughts and random 2-a.m.-insomnia-induced-questions. It can give insight into their political views and things they are curious about or interested in. If a person is in school, their Google search history may also contain lots of definitions or homework question-type searches because why struggle when there might be a life-saving Quizlet out there??

2) Playlist

One glance at someone’s music playlist is like a window into their soul. The variety of artists, genres, age, and albums of music they enjoy reveal a lot about their personality. People usually listen to music complimentary with their inner selves. From a person’s playlist, you can understand their demeanor and things that interest them.

3) Apps

Apps are a fun revealer of a person’s character. This is not referring to apps like email or calendar, which are pre-installed, but particularly the ones people choose to download. Artistic people may have drawing or editing apps and games, while people into fashion have fashion/shopping apps or games, and so on.

4) Purse/pockets

What a person carries around indicates what is important to them. Some women value lipstick and will always have it in their purse. However, the purse is not always the best indicator for women, who throw half their room in it or stick random things in it throughout the day.

For guys, pockets or wallets are most telling. They may have pictures of their family, earphones, and membership/business cards in their pockets or wallet.

5) Keys

If you look at your car keys, you may notice that car keys are not the only thing hanging from your key ring. Key rings usually also hold a variety of personal material that becomes a bulky collection over the years. A key ring reveals your interests. It may hold membership cards to various stores, some of which are probably peeling or fading. It may hold cute keepsakes from travels or perhaps a tag with your name on it. And if you live in South Carolina, there is a 70 percent chance that something on your key ring says “Myrtle Beach.”

6) Car

The inside of a person’s car, is indicative of their personal life. This is especially true for women. You can take one look inside a car and tell if a person has kids, whether or not they are a neat freak, where they eat out, if they work out a lot, and their hobbies, like cycling or kayaking if they have racks on top of the vehicle. You can tell their interests and sometimes even religious leanings, from things that hang on the rearview mirror, like dream-catchers or crosses.

Bumper stickers on the outside of a car are also extremely telling of a person’s family, political views, and organizations they belong to or support.

7) Shopping cart

Whether shopping physically or online, a person’s shopping cart can reveal a lot about their desires, even things they view or pick up but do not actually buy. Grocery shopping is not very revealing of anything, unless the person is vegan, for instance. Otherwise, it is other types of shopping that reveal interests.

8) Wall photo

Looking for a quick overview of someone’s personality? Wall photos are a great, quick indicator of a person’s vibe. Not to be confused with the cover photo, which is usually a headshot of the individual, wall photos are background pictures found on of some social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter. It might indicate things a person loves, like puppies or traveling. It might show something that inspires them, like a celebrity, quote, music album cover, or their goals in life. Sometimes, it displays something important to them, like their family, kids, or significant other.

9) Closet

A closet mostly reveals one’s sense of style. You can find out if a person is a Simple Sally or a Fabulous Fran by their closet. You can also clue in on their interests. A fit and active person may have more workout clothes. The artistic person’s closet may be filled with vibrant colors, and unique patterns and styles. The closet can also hint at profession. A lawyer or teacher, may own mostly business or business-casual wear.

10) Dresser/Bedside Table

The dresser or bedside table is another quirky tell-tale of a person’s life. People usually keep the most important things closest to their bed. Most dressers showcase pictures of a person’s family and something room-y, like a lamp or scented candles of their preference. A dresser or bedside table may also hold important cards or letters (sometimes bills) and easy-to-grab remedies for the night, like water, sleeping or other pills. Those who wear glasses or contacts probably keep those nearby, and people who are married might keep their wedding band there as well.

There is so much we can learn about ourselves and others from the minute things in our daily lives that contain little traces of us!