10 Things To Look For In A Partner: Jim And Pam Edition

"A lot of people told me I was crazy to wait this long for a date with a girl who I worked with, but I think, even then I knew, I was waiting for my wife."

119
imgur.com

Jim and Pam faced a lot of challenges throughout the nine seasons we watched their relationship take shape on "The Office." On almost every show, there's always a couple that you can't help but root for. You yell at the TV encouraging them to kiss, to just "say it already!" and you binge-watch until they admit their love for one another.

However, once the sexual tension in the show declines, the rising action falls, and the two characters find their "happily ever after," a lot of shows lose their appeal and the writers of the show struggle with what direction to now take that relationship. With Jim and Pam, though, "The Office" fanatics never stopped rooting for them. They represent one of the most realistic couples I've ever seen on a television show, taking the course that most normal relationships do, while also facing their face share of challenges and bumps along the way.

So here it is: qualities to look for in order to find the Jim to your Pam, or the Pam to your Jim:

1. Someone that supports the music you listen to, even if it's not their favorite.

It's rare to find someone who has the same favorite band, singer or artist, but it's important that you find someone who appreciates the music you listen to simply because you enjoy it. They'll sit through long car ride jam sessions with you, endure concerts with you, and dance with you because they like seeing you happy. After all, there's a certain level of charm in seeing someone singing incredibly off-key, yet uninhibitedly, while driving to get Chipotle.

2. Someone that will remind you that you are kind, beautiful, and good.

3.Someone that will support you.

Look for someone who will encourage you to follow your dreams, no matter the possible strain it could have on your relationship. Whether it's a job in a distant location, studying abroad for a semester, or transferring to a different school, they just want to see you happy. As scary as the future is, they will still support you 110%.

4. Someone that understands your sense of humor.

A good sense of humor is one of the most attractive qualities anyone could have. Find someone that will appreciate your dorky/sarcastic/quirky side, and will laugh right along with you when you make a complete and total fool of yourself.

5. Someone that appreciates the things you do for them.

They don't necessarily need to say "thank you" a million times for the selfless things you do for them (because making the other person happy should be your main goal, without needing the recognition), but you should always feel like your efforts are appreciated and reciprocated.

6. Someone that always gets excited to see you and spend time with you.

You should never feel like you are a burden by wanting to spend time with them. Find someone who makes your heart ache just by not seeing them for a whole day and who misses you just as much.

7. Someone who always makes you feel like you are good enough.

.

Enough said.

8. Someone that isn't afraid to express how they feel.

Arguments are healthy. They're part of every relationship, but they're only effective when each person understands where the other is coming from, and you're willing to work in order to fix things. Find someone that will have these tough conversations with you. Stand your ground when needed, but always make sure the other person feels heard and understood.

9. Someone that can always make you smile.

Flirting is fun, and being able to make your person smile is one of the most satisfying feelings.

10. Someone that gets excited for (and with) you.

When you receive amazing news, they should be the first person you want to tell. They'll be equally, if not more, excited and will take you out to celebrate. They'll tell you how happy they are for you and proud they are of you.

They're perfect, aren't they?