10 Things Every College Student Needs To Hear

Supporting us is so underrated.

1492

1. “You Got This!”

2. “It’s okay to take a break.”

From that paper that is due in a couple days. From that paper that is due at 11:59 tonight. From those 3 chapters that need to be read by Wednesday. TAKE A BREAK.

3. “I’m here if you need me. Like, for real.”

People seem to throw this around for fun, but every college student needs at least one person to ACTUALLY mean it. Even if they don’t take you up on it, they need to hear it.

4. “That really sucks.”

Sometimes trying to make everything better, all the freaking time, is annoying. College students want people to understand that sometimes things just REALLY SUCK. And that’s okay. It won’t suck forever.

5. "We'll celebrate this weekend."

YOU DO NOT NEED A REASON TO CELEBRATE. Getting through the week and actually going to all your classes is reason alone to celebrate. Having something to look forward to can make each class go a little bit faster.

6. “You are FREAKING AMAZING.”

College is hard. College students try even harder. Grades don’t always reflect how hard you’re actually trying, so having someone tell you that you’re amazing anyways is great and needed.

7. “It will be there tomorrow.”

Homework will be there, whether you do it or you don’t. Looking at the same problems or sentences can be counterproductive if you do it too long. Mental health, physical health, and happiness are all MUCH more important.

8. “Are you okay?"

This is pretty self-explanatory. People don’t genuinely ask or care often enough. It never hurts to ask someone if they are alright.

9. “I love you.”

College has a habit of putting a damper on the mood. College students, and people in general, need love. Love everybody. It changes everything.

10. “You are so much more than your grades, GPA, and any other score that they give you.”

C’s get degrees. Your GPA won’t matter unless you want to go to grad school. Even if you are going to grad school, those scores won’t matter later on. What matters? Your health. Your sanity. How you lived your life.