10 Things All Cat Owners Know To Be True

But aren't we just owned by cats?

25
personal

Owning a cat, or being owned by a cat rather, is a great experience. Cats love unconditionally; sometimes they just have a weird way of showing it. Being owned by a cat can be boiled down to ten short points.

10. Cat hair is a permanent part of your wardrobe.

You probably have lint rollers stashed in every room in your house and in your car, but after the third attempt to rid your clothing of hair you just accept defeat.

9. Having company means vacuuming the furniture (and apologizing for the cat hair as soon as your guest walks in).

The first thing you think of when guests are mentioned is vacuuming the couch and the house in general. And your staple greeting is "Hi! How are you? Excuse the cat hair!"

8. Leaving glasses sitting around is a cardinal sin (especially if they still have something in them).

The best way for someone to get banned from your house is for them to leave a half-full glass sitting around. And having to turn your back on a full glass is grounds for an anxiety attack.

7. Having a fully-decorated Christmas tree is a thing of the past.

You made that mistake one year, and now one of those precious ornaments that your great-great-aunt Sue made when you were born is now a thing of the past. Never again.

6. Your bed is no longer your bed.

You are no longer allowed to stretch out and enjoy the full space of your bed. Now you are lucky to be able to get in your bed. Excuse me, the cat's bed.

5. Leave a backpack or purse lying around, and you run the risk of having a stowaway.

Curiosity did kill the cat, but it can also cause the cat to be discovered on your way to class.

4. You live in the cat's house, not it in yours.

You should just be grateful that Fluffy is generous enough to let you live with her.

3. Hearing a commotion at 3 A.M. is nothing out of the ordinary.

You know that the prime feline exercise hour is from 3:00 to 4:00. It's completely normal to hear claws skidding on the floor and things crashing in the wee hours of the morning.

2. You will never be bored.

Cats are always into something. Always. The entertainment never ends.

1. You will never be without a friend.

Even when your cats are taking up your entire bed and you're barely able to cover up, you know that you are blessed to have them as a part of your life. And you will always have someone who loves you.