10 Situations Fast Food Workers Understand Too Well

Would you like fries with that?

64
College Times

Ahh, the smell of food and minimum wage. That is the very essence of what it is like to work in fast food. People have various reasons for choosing such a career, some need to pay bills and some just need a job to get them through school. Whatever the reason is, there are certain things that happen to us that only we understand, sometimes all too well.

1. The unappeasable customer

It happens more often than not, the customer comes in and is already in a bad mood. At that point, there is no use trying to please them, because it is virtually impossible. So, just smile and get them out the door as best you can.

2. Clopening

Nothing better than closing one night, just to come back bright and early the next day. Sometimes, it feels like you never left.

3. You still eat the food

Even though you would think be surrounded by the same food for nine hours every day would make you not want to eat it, you still do. Because, who are you to turn down cheap food? Employee discounts, man.

4. Complicated orders

"Do you have organic, grass-fed chicken?"

5. Grease and more grease

That stuff stays with you forever. Forever.

6. Changes in the menu

Some customers treat menu changes like the end of the world. It is as if someone broke into their house and stole their first born child. And you are the reason it happened.

7. Arguing about prices

If I had a dollar for every time a customer was not too happy with me over the price of their meal, I would make more than me and my coworkers combined in a week. The price was on the menu before you ordered, I swear. I'm not trying to break your wallet.

8. Last minute stragglers

There you are, in the middle of closing down your stuff. You think you are home free, only five more minutes before the doors are locked. Then it happens -- someone walks in. You think, OK, just get some food and go. Only, they don't want it to go. They insist on eating in your freshly cleaned dining room and staying at least 10 minutes after closing. But you keep your cool, even if you are dying on the inside.

9. Messy customers

Thank you for leaving all of your trays and wrappers on your table when you are seated two feet away from the trash can. I just love cleaning up after you, it brings joy to my heart.

10. Your coworkers are your family

You spend almost every living moment with each other, so it is only natural that you become close with the people you work with. It can be nice, especially on the harder days.

This was for all those fast foodies out there. The people who wake up in the morning, make sure your meal is on point, get paid almost nothing, but deal with all the crazy situations with a smile. You guys are beasts, so keep your head up.