10 Signs Someone Is Crushing

10 Signs Someone Is Crushing

When your roomie has it bad, you start picking up on the signs.

62
10 Signs Someone Is Crushing

Cuffing season is now in full swing, and my roommate is crushing. Through steady and stealthy observation, I’ve found these amusing and telling signs of her current love-struck nature. Here are ten surefire signs you’ve caught some feels:

1. Attempting to clean your room

If you’re finally moving the mattress off your floor that’s been there for months, or if you’re placing your shoes in your closet after they’ve littered your floor for as long as you can remember, you probably have it bad.

2. Questioning the intelligence of the entire male species

Not that females are faring much better, but when you believe you’re making things as obvious as you possibly can and they’re still not picking up the hints you’re dropping, you really start questioning their IQ.

3. Taking an excessive amount of time to do your homework

What typically takes you thirty minutes can suddenly take three hours because you’re so easily distracted by texts and random thoughts.

4. Planning out a seating chart for your next hangout and practicing it with all your friends

You have to be strategic with your placing of people. I kid you not, the other night we all practiced our seating arrangement for our next gathering.

5. Jamming out to vintage Taylor Swift

No disrespect to 1989, but there’s just something especially empowering about blaring “Our Song” or “Teardrops on My Guitar.”

6. Treating them better than your other friends

It’s not an intentional thing, but you start doing little things for them that are nicer than anything you do for anyone else.

7. Texting your besties about every little thing

I guess it just feels better to have validation and a group of people with which you can overanalyze every little thing. Now our roomie group text is constantly buzzing off the hook.

8. Having a team of text writers at your disposal

Part of the duties of the aforementioned group message is crafting the perfect responses to each text. From witty quips to understated lines, there’s a whole fleet of friends waiting to help with every message.

9. Giving up your prime seating

You can’t have a seating chart for every event, so you know the crush is real if you move from your favorite spot or vacate a comfortable seat in order to move closer to that special someone.

10. Making yourself presentable every time you leave the room

You never know who you’re going to run into, so once you start crushing, you have quite the undertaking: you have to actually get ready every time you want to set foot outside of your dorm room.