10 Signs Fall Is On It's Way To Fairfield University

Autumn paints in colors that summer has never seen.

30

1. The three different climate changes in a day

When you first arrive at Fairfield, the days are usually warm from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed. This is truly unfortunate if you live in the freshman quad due to the lack of air conditioning. However, this makes it more noticeable that fall is coming. You no longer know what to wear because you know that it’s going to start off very cold, but then is very hot once the sun comes out at around 10 a.m. Sure, it isn’t a problem for those who have time to go back to their dorm right after their morning class to change. But what about those who have back to back classes?

2. The appearance of Vineyard Vines shorts, sweaters, and Sperry’s

Fairfield is the land of Vineyard Vines, Sperry Top-Sider, Lilly Pulitzer, L.L Bean and Patagonia. For the boys, Patagonia sweaters, Vineyard Vines shirts and shorts, and Sperry’s are what's in style. It's very rare to walk around campus and not see boys wearing at least one of these brands. But hey, who's complaining? We all love it when boys look nice.

3. The increase in the amount of work

As the year continues, the amount of work increases. You can expect more and more students to walk around with heavier looking backpacks. There will also be a decrease in the amount of people just hanging out in the dorms or the beach. So, if you need anyone remember to look in the library. That is most likely the place you’ll be able to find them.

4. The increase in occurrence of practice times for sports and clubs

Along with the increase in amount of work, the same thing happens to practice times and meetings for those of us who are on a team or club. This means that there is barely enough time to do everything we need to for the upcoming week. For that reason you’ll probably see everyone way more stressed than usual.

5. The appearance of yoga pants and close-toed shoes

As mentioned before, there are specific brands you’ll see throughout the fall. For the girls, this means that it’s time for yoga pants, close-toed shoes, and cute sweaters.The leggings and long sweaters are usually bought anywhere.The outer layers, however, are usually from Vineyard Vines or Patagonia.The shoes will most likely be L.L. Bean duck boots, Sperry’s, or Uggs. Anything else worn in the fall wouldn’t match the usual Fairfield fall attire.

6. The stalk of the turkeys

For some reason the turkeys are in hiding until the fall.The freshman class usually is unaware of their existence until they attack.You’ll just be walking to class when a flock comes chasing after you out of nowhere. They literally are this vicious.

7. There are more pumpkin-flavored options at Starbucks and Einstein’s

Everything starts to be pumpkin flavored. Pumpkin cookies and pumpkin cake begin to be served in Barone. Pumpkin-flavored beverages are sold in Starbucks and Einstein’s. It’s THE beverage to order. Would it really be fall without it?

8. The talk of Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest is the main topic of conversation once October comes around. It’s one of the last day drinks of the semester, and it is definitely one of the most epic ones. There are no words to describe what happens at Oktoberfest. How can we be expected to let the last day drink go by like every single other one has? We need to send summer off with a bang.

9. The return of football season

The Pats had one hell of a season last year. For this reason, the excitement in the air is more present than what it was last year. Football is an all-loved American sport, but it’s even more appreciated when your favorite team wins the Super Bowl. Since we’re located in the New England region, we celebrated like never before last year. We hope and pray for the same conclusion this season. Who can ever really get tired of winning something as big as the Super Bowl? #GoPats

10. Acorns are falling from the trees

If you’re walking from the village or to the library from the BCC, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Acorns are constantly falling from the trees throughout the day. It actually becomes kinda scary since you’re constantly looking up hoping one doesn’t fall and hit you in the head. Seriously, one of those little things could give you a concussion.