10 Signs That You Are Adulting In College

You don't know what you are doing 99% of the time.

42
Unsplash

I never understood the phrase, 'young adult" until I entered that stage in my life. I am not a teenager but I also do not feel like an adult. I just moved into my own apartment and started having more responsibilities. It all feels to real and new to me and that is when I started seeing the signs.

1. You have a grocery list and you go shopping once a week.

The list is on the fridge and it gets longer every day until you go shopping. The list starts off healthy but than you find yourself in the Mac n Cheese section anyways.

2. You know how to do laundry pretty well.

It was rough at first and it was a lot of trial and error but you got the hang of it. You double check that there is not a pink sock in your whites and that you do not wash your dedicates with hot water.

3. You move off-campus and into an apartment/house.

"Rent money" is now part of your vocabulary and you have to pay it every month.

4. You have to make your own dinner.

Food will not be on the table unless you cook first which is a total adjustment for most.

5. You have to pay bills.

Cable, internet, electricity oh my!!! SO MANY BILLS!!! I

6. You have at least one credit card.

You have heard multiple times how good it is to start a credit history so you do not start from zero when you leave college but it is also as easy to fuck it up. Be responsible but if you have at least a credit card you are definitely on your way to becoming a full on adult.

7. You have a resume all set and done.

All you gotta do is press PRINT.

8. You make your own doctor appointments.

Before, you did not even know the number of your doctors but now you are in charge of getting your check-ups.

9. You call your parents (specifically most of the time, your mom) atleast 10xs a week.

Adulting is hard!! Even though you were warned, it will still take some adjustment. No shame in calling your parents and asking for advice. They have been there before so they can be a HUGE help.

10. You go on Facebook a lot more often.

Back in middle school, Facebook was the place to be but than during high school no one ever really used it. Now in college, it is one of the main outlets to know what is happening on campus and the organizations that you are apart of. You connect with old teachers and your family gets to be updated on your crazy attempt to become an "adult".