10 Encouraging Reminders You Need To Hear During This Finals Season

It's the final countdown.

395
Avery Owens

Finals season is here.

Among the mix of emotions of wrapping up another school year and anticipating the summer, finals are a bummer that everyone (including myself) hates.

They are a harsh reality that humbles you like no other. They make you question your major, knowledge, purpose, time, and sometimes, your worth.

Personally, finals are a trial in my life every time they arrive, and I find myself being distracted from the facts that I know to be true.

These truths are great reminders that everyone needs to be refreshed of this season.

1. Finals do not define your worth.

2. Make time for those you love, while you study.

Group-studying is always a great idea. You're about to end a chapter of your life, so end it well with the people you love. Some you may not see for the next few months.

3. Finals should be prioritized, but not idolized.

4. Keep your body fueled during finals.

Don't just munch on sugary foods and only drink caffeine. Keep your body hydrated with water and well-fed with lots of protein. Feed your brain.

5. Don't study because you want the approval of someone else.

You should be studying to honor God with the knowledge He has blessed you with, and to make yourself proud. Don't put pressure on the opinions of others.

6. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

7. Know when to walk away.

There comes a point when you've done all you can do, and the next best step is sleep and maybe even a fun break. Go for a walk. Take a nap. Hang with friends. Watch a movie. Listen to your body.

8. Remember that sometimes you won't get the grade you want, and that's okay.

Life doesn't always happen the way we expect it to — that's what makes it exciting. Be prepared for anything and any grade.

9. A grade is just a number.

This goes back to number one, but remember this. Don't let a number be your identity. You are not a "C."

10. Don't beat yourself up over a grade.

If you've put in your best effort, be proud of what you have accomplished. Pausing your life to study is no easy task, so be kind to yourself for trying.

Good luck!