10 Reasonable But Meaningful Goals To Have This Semester

College is hard enough, don't make your goals even harder

18

With school just around the corner for most of us probably means we have started making "the list." You know the list I'm talking about. The list of goals and expectations we all have for the upcoming semester for ourselves.

For some, this little could be small, with just a few things we wish to accomplish within the semester. Though for most of us this list is a mile long, filled with over the top expectations that deep down we know one week in we are going to drop like a hot potato. So why set the bar so high? Let's not be so hard on ourselves this semester/ school year and set goals we can actually accomplish.

1. Only skip class three times in a semester.

You aren't perfect. There are going to be some mornings you just can not bring yourself to make it to your 8:00 am class, and you know what? That's ok. Missing a class a few times will not ruin your grade. Just don't make it a habit.

2. Have one healthy meal a day.

We all don't want to get the college weight gain everyone fears about. But telling yourself you can never enjoy a treat or can only have salads to eat is just unrealistic.

3. Try to limit the naps.

Naps are an important part of college, but you shouldn't sleep the day away. Limit the naps and be a little more productive.

4. Dedicate at least 10 minutes a day to get organized.

Just a couple minutes a day to organize your thoughts, calendar, or assignments can make a world of difference.

5. When you get an assignment start a little bit of it that day.

Leaving assignments until the last second is probably the most stressful situation of all time. Don't put yourself through all that chaos and start things as soon as you get them.

6. Go to the gym at least three times a week.

College is a busy time. So going to the gym every single day might not be in the cards, but that should not mean you completely give up on it. Stay active and healthy by setting aside at least three days a week to hit the gym. Whatever time works for you.

7. Try for a least all B's in your classes.

Putting yourself through the stress of perfect grades will only make you struggle more. Instead for striving for perfection, strive for good grades.

8. Give yourself a monthly budget for going out on the weekends.

We are all poor college students just looking for a good time. Though blowing all your money on the weekend is a BIG mistake. Set a budget for yourself so you don't break the bank on your girls night out.

9. Talk to your parents/ siblings at least twice a week.

Stay connected to people outside of school. It is important to remember the school is not the only thing you have going for you right now.

10. If you get stressed, allow yourself time to relax.

It is ok to be overwhelmed. You might have a lot going on this semester and it all falls at the same time. Though it's important to not let it run your life. Give yourself a little break from all the stress so you do not become too overwhelmed with it all.