10 Thoughts That Sum Up My Coffee Obsession

Life without coffee? Depresso.

595

The word 'addiction' is a little strong to describe my relationship with coffee. I prefer 'obsession' because I could give up coffee any time if I really wanted to. However, I’m not a quitter, so that will never happen. Who would want to stop drinking this magical beverage that can give you the kick you need to get through the rest of the day?

1. But first, coffee.

The first thing that pops into my mind when I wake up in the morning (other than why is my alarm going off so early?) is, coffee. Some people think of the phrase "rise and grind" when waking up and seizing the day. I prefer to think of waking up and grinding coffee beans before doing anything else.

2. Behind every successful person is a substantial amount of coffee.

I owe 90% of my success to the cups of coffee that have kept me running when sleep wasn’t an option. I know sleep is very important, but sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in a day, so this one's for you, coffee.

3. Everything gets better with coffee.

I am a firm believer that there is no situation that a cup of coffee can’t improve. People go on dates at coffee shops, and people also get dumped at coffee shops. It may not be a problem solver, but it can make any situation a little better.

4. Coffee completes me.

Coffee doesn’t fight with me or yell at me to get started on whatever project I’m procrastinating. Coffee is my better half. If coffee were a person, I would probably marry it.

5. I don’t have a problem with caffeine; I have a problem without it.

If you’ve ever tried to talk to a coffee addict on a day that they didn’t have coffee, you may have seen a side of them you never knew existed. Could you imagine a world without coffee? Terrifying.

6. More coffee, less talkie.

Chances are I’m brewing a cup of coffee as you’re starting to talk to me, so just hold that thought a few more seconds.

7. Keep calm and drink coffee.

Try to keep calm and drink a few cups of coffee. If that doesn’t calm you down enough, freak out. And then drink more coffee.

9. Is decaf okay?

Is it okay if I pay with monopoly money?

10. A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

If you ever see me nonstop yawning or looking like I’m about to fall asleep, feel free to bring me a cup of coffee. I’ll love you forever, or at least until I finish my cup.