10 Necessary Podcasts To Help You Keep Up In A World Of Fake News

Because politics just keeps getting more confusing.

500

Recent political discourse has become increasingly difficult to keep up with - from press conferences with Donald Trump to interviews with Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer, and the never ending fake news sources throughout social media, the media has become one long and winding road to nowhere. In a world where political leaders cast shadows of doubt on reputable news sources, figuring out where to find current information and critical media sources becomes complicated.

In an effort to combat this doubt and learn more about what is happening today around the world, here is a list of podcasts to help you analyze the news on TV and online.

1. BBC Global News Podcast

The BBC World Service Podcast comes out three times a week and compiles the top stories on BBC News from around the world.

Available on iPlayer Radio, online, iTunes, and Google Play.

2. NPR Politics

In the NPR Politics Podcast, NPR's political reporters take weekly news and quick talks on the news of the day to keep their listeners up to date on everything happening in the political world.

Available on 101.9 wdet, iTunes, and Google Play.

3. Pod Save America/Pod Save the World

Pod Save America is a self-proclaimed "no-bullshit conversation about politics" hosted by Jon Favreau (former Director of Speechwriting for the Obama Administration), Jon Lovett (former speechwriter to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton), Dan Pfeiffer (former senior advisor for Strategy and Communications to Obama Administration), and Tommy Vietor (spokesperson for US National Security Council to Obama Administration).

Similarly, Pod Save the World does the same for world news issues.

Available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn, Spotify, and RSS.

4. Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill

Intercepted is run by Jeremy Scahill, a writer and founder of The Intercept, and brings on guests to discuss the most pressing stories of the day - both ones that are well-known and cast away by major media. The Intercept believes in holding those in power accountable.

Available on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Spotify, and RSS.

5. Vox's The Weeds

The Weeds is a podcast put out by Vox Media, which puts out exploratory media to investigate policies and and politics.

Available on iTunes, Google Play, Soundcloud, and RSS.

6. In The Thick

In the Thick is put out by Futuro Media Group where journalists of color tell you what you're missing from the news. They carry out political conversations on race, identity, and other politics which can be hard to discuss in mainstream media. Hosted by Maria Hinojosa and Julio Ricardo Varela.

Available on iTunes, Google Play, Soundcloud, and TuneIn.

7. Slate's Trumpcast

Slate's TrumpCast is a near-daily podcast which has set out to understand Donald Trump by talking to historians, psychiatrists, and other experts to try to decipher what is happening in the USA.

8. The Young Turks

The Young Turks is a talk show that is edgy and funny while informing their listeners on current events.

9. We The People

We The People is a podcast put out by the National Constitution Center in which guests educate their listeners on the US Constitution in a nonpartisan way.

10. POLITICO's Nerdcast

Nerdcast is put out by POLITICO's top reporters in which they take the news of the day and geek out over the most recent Washington politics.

Available on iTunes, Soundcloud, Player FM, and TuneIn.