10 Places for a Wedding, Other than a Church

No matter who you are, you want your wedding to be memorable.

24

You may or may not be religious but weddings in the 21st century are supposed to be creative. They also should be beautiful and sentimental. The list below caters to a multitude of interests and needs.

Art Museum

Whether you like history or art or science, an art museum is a place where you wouldn't have to spend much money on decor. Find your favorite relic and someone to ordain. Set up some chairs. Boom! Not only is it easy but your friends and family would think it's the most beautiful they've seen in years.

Barn

When I first heard of having a wedding in a barn, I thought it would be gross. Then I remembered that there are many barns in public places, such as on park property, that are wood finished and have plenty of head space to hang lights. Don't worry; there are no cows involved... unless you really want cows.

Beach

A beach is probably the first thing you thought of when you clicked on this list. Beaches seem to be the go-to for upper class families, tv shows, and spring breakers. If you're the kind of gal or guy to hang at the beach every vacation opportunity, you might have been thinking about a beach wedding all along.

Aquarium

Getting married in an aquarium is guaranteed to have an easy color scheme and atmosphere. With everything already blue, all you need are white decorations and a big room. The hard part is finding which tank of fish is your favorite to stand in front of.

Forest

This is probably where I'll get married. Forests are for the fantasy-lovers and those in awe of vast wilderness. You can also find a forest anywhere you live, given that most local or state parks have a least a little bit of forest. The hard part is figuring out how to keep those lights up.

Historical Landmark

History is beautiful, especially if it has to do with a statue or architecture. If you and your significant other have a favorite place in town to sit and talk or explore, you might want to consider making your vows nearby. Better yet, it's another place where decorations are natural.

College Campus

It turns out a lot of people are super big fans of their colleges and would love to cherish their education, or the place they met their significant other, when getting hitched. If you have a beautiful campus or just want to keep the sentimentality in place, consider setting up a wedding in your favorite spot on the grounds.

Green House

If I couldn't get married in a forest, my next option would be a greenhouse. No bugs. You can choose the season to ensure it won't be too hot or humid. Given a lot of people want outdoor weddings but are afraid of getting rained on, the greenhouse choice is the best option for atmosphere without risk.

Coffee Shop

This is so cute. If you want a small wedding with an easy location and awesome coffee smells in the background, consider going to a local coffee shop and renting it out after hours. Most local coffee shops would be more than happy to have events after hours, especially if it means people buying coffee and getting free advertising.

Zoo

Apparently a lot of people getting married in zoos, which I found surprising. Personally, I wouldn't want to make my vows in front of a cage full of gorillas but whatever floats your boat or evokes emotions from childhood. Most people get married in front of giraffes as I've seen from the pictures online.

I also thought of putting cemetery and AirBnB, but those were just too weird. If you think those sound cool, you can search them yourself. They're certainly interesting but they might be a bit tacky or for certain personalities.