10 Things I Learned From My Dorm

10 Things I Learned From My Dorm

I wouldn't have survived without these

379
10 Things I Learned From My Dorm
pexels

1. A Small Space Can Hold A Lot

When you start packing up to move out at the end of the year, you realize how easy it was for you shove things everywhere. You thought you only had 10 t-shirts, make that 110 t-shirts. Start packing early!

2. RA's Are The Best Listener

You may think that he/she is pointless, and doesn't really know anything, but in all reality, it is easier for them if you talk to them about what is going on than anyone else. They want you to succeed.

3. Always Have Sweats & A Tshirt Near You

Fire drills and class just tend to sneak up on you some days! Keep a pair of shorts or sweats and a t-shirt near you at all times so you don't have to wear pajamas to class or outside.

4. Your Bed Has About 1000 Different Purposes

It takes up the most space in your room, and you use it for pretty much everything. From a table to a desk, to where you sleep, and where you talk with your friends.

5. It's Ok To Go Days Without Seeing The People You Live With

Everyone has different schedules and is involved in many organizations, so if you don't see your roommate for a week that's ok you just might want to text them to check in.

6. Free Printing Saves Lifes

Dorms are usually the only time in your life where you get free printing so use it when you can! And use it all!

7. Take The Stairs

It's the little things that make up for the fact you have only eaten cookies all day.

8. Vending Machine Food Counts As A Meal

I'm sorry but dining hall food just isn't worth it some days.

9. Napping At Anytime Is Socially Acceptable

Sleep is sleep and you need it to survive.

10. Befriend The Front Desk Workers

They know all the tricks of the trade, they know what pizza delivers the fastest and they always need a buddy. Thanks Jon!