10 More Asian Content Creators You Should Follow

Here's an extension to the "support Asian creatives" starter pack!

365

In part 1, I recommended some Asian content creators to follow. Hopefully you checked that out, but if not, it would be best to read it before continuing past this point. That was published last month, and this month 10 more Asian content creators will be featured. May is Asian/Pacific Islander Heritage Month, so while it is an opportune time to create a guide like this, it's important to highlight the multiple dimensions of Asian cultures and people outside of May. Please note that there is nothing wrong with coming back to this guide or my previous guide at any time to look for more content creators to follow or if you simply want to reread my work. Without further adieu, here is the list in no particular order.

@maangchi

Nicknamed as the "Korean Julia Child," Maangchi is the pseudonym for Emily Kim, who was born in South Korea. Her niche is cooking, specifically with a focus on Korean cuisine. She's shared recipes ranging from Kimchi to Korean BBQ to Korean Fried Chicken and many other recipes. Maangchi posted her first Youtube video in 2007, and since then, she's been featured on media outlets such as LA Times, The New York Times, and USA Today. As of today, her Youtube channel has over 5.5 million subscribers. She has also released two cookbooks and has a website full of recipes to check out.

I know that I'm definitely gonna try out some of her recipes one day, and if you have an interest in learning about and trying Korean cuisine, you should definitely follow her!

@koreanbapsang

Just like Maangchi, Korean Bapsang also specializes in showcasing Korean cuisine. Hyosun created her blog in 2009 to teach her children how to cook Korean dishes at home. She was born in Korea and has shared recipes like Bibimbap, Japchae, Kimchi Jjigae, and more, which has led to features on publications such as Buzzfeed, The Guardian, and NPR. She has several videos of her recipes on Youtube, but much more content can be found on her blog. Those who are interested in Korean cuisine should also check out Korean Bapsang!

@pete_eatss

Peter Duong is the person behind Pete Eats, with his platform dedicated to showcasing different Asian recipes consisting of ingredients like chicken, pork, noodles, and seafood. May I tell you about crab rangoons, sesame balls, and pad thai? Those are just a few of the recipes he's cooked on his channel. Chicken wing connoisseurs will be happy to know that he has several chicken wing recipes, and I intend to recreate his Honey Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings in the near future. It's interesting that every creator I've mentioned in this guide is a food blogger/influencer. (Spoiler: the rest of my recommendations fall in that category, but I can't help but fall in love with watching people cook food.) For my food/cooking lovers, Pete Eats definitely won't disappoint. In addition to Instagram, he is also on TikTok.

@nuocmamafoods

Doesn't that photo of Xíu Mại look so good? You know I'll try to make it one day! NườcMấmaFoods shares her creations of Vietnamese dishes on her Instagram. Pho is a popular Vietnamese dish, and she has made that. Though that is not all there is to Vietnamese food. She has also made Bánh Xèo, which are Vietnamese savory crepes, and different types of soups with and without noodles. I love seeing photos of her food on my timeline, and you should follow her if you would like to do the same!

@marionskitchen

Marion Grasby runs Marion's Kitchen from her home country, Australia. An interesting thing about her platform is that she not only shares recipes. She also has her own collection of sauces, marinades, salad dressings, and meal kits, which are available for sale in Australia, the U.S., and New Zealand. She appeared on MasterChef Australia in 2010, and her platform has only grown since. She has a YouTube channel that's more than 1 million subscribers strong and a website where you can find a ton of recipes and learn more about her products. You can say she's a business, but if you want to look at good cooking videos and photos, it's worth checking her out!

@nm_meiyee

Over on the pastry side of food, i introduce to you Mei Yee! If you're vegan, great news: Mei's recipes are vegan. And for those who don't eat foods with gluten, she also has you covered with her gluten-free recipes. She cooks non-pastry dishes as well (check out her blog), but when you look at her Instagram, her dessert posts immediately stand out! Gosh, I wish I could make desserts that look as pretty as hers, and I will attempt to do that one day. But for now, I stay admiring each and every photo she posts. Pastry lovers need to go follow her account right now!

@myhealthydish

My Nguyen from My Healthy Dish has a mission to share recipes that are healthy and delicious. She doesn't promote any particular diet, and My lives by the quote, "Nutrition is a way of life and diets are temporary." Her TikTok has garnered more than 2.8 million followers, with her Youtube Channel having nearly 100,000 subscribers. Outside of social media, she promotes healthy eating to her twin daughters and works out on the regular. To anyone looking for lifestyle influencers who promote healthy eating, My Healthy Dish could become one of your inspirations! Blog readers can also check out her website.

@nom_life

Nom life follows Ewa and Jeromy Ko, who are based in New York City. Their families come from Taiwan and Hong Kong, with Ewa being mixed race (Taiwanese father and Irish/German/English mother) and Jeromy being Cantonese. Their platform showcases their love of food through sharing homemade recipes and food from their travels. Let me tell you, seeing Ewa cook food makes me want to go into my kitchen and imitate those recipes. With a balance of home cooking and traveling, you cannot go wrong with following Nom Life! Find them on TikTok, Youtube, and their blog.

@justonecookbook

Just One Cookbook (JOC) has a TON of content on their Instagram page, Youtube channel, and blog! Started in 2011 by Namiko Hirasawa Chen (aka Nami), Just One Cookbook focuses on Japanese cuisine and tells viewers about Japan and its culture in each post. The philosophy is that anyone can cook Japanese dishes at home, and it's no wonder why JOC has been featured on publications like Buzzfeed, The New Yorker, SELF Magazine, HuffPost, and The Washington Post. It will take you a while to read all the recipes, but it's a great place to learn more about Japanese cuisine from multiple lenses. I highly recommend checking them out!

@viethomecooking

The last account that'll be featured in this guide, anyone with an interest in Vietnamese food will love Viet Home Cooking! Their photos are top-notch and are enough to make your mouth water more than Homer Simpson around doughnuts! Maybe it sounds corny, but I'm serious. Viewing those photos makes me want to eat some of those foods. God, I want to eat Vietnamese food again. After you follow their account, you'll love seeing their posts on your timeline!

And that concludes part 2 of Asian content creators you should follow! The end of May is fast approaching, but remember that practicing allyship consists of year-round action, not just participation in a trending fad. And if there are any Asian content creators that you recommend, tell me! Nothing says I can't ever create another guide on Asian content creators again.

IG Guide: https://www.instagram.com/kristasoyyo/guide/anothe...