10 Fan-Favorite Famous YouTubers As College Majors
Social Media

What would it be like for a YouTuber to be a college student?

1663

YouTube is a mecca for all things entertainment, perhaps only second to Netflix. Between being informational to providing entertainment, YouTube has literally everything. It's so easy to pop on and watch a few videos from your favorite YouTubers. After watching several videos, or even everything on their channel, you feel like you know them.

Here are some YouTubers I watch and what I think their majors would be if they were college students.

1. PewDiePie – Video Game Design

Though PewDiePie's channel has other content besides video game reviews, these videos are his content that I enjoy the best. Having played so many video games, he is certainly qualified to make his own.

2. Colleen Ballinger – Social Work with a minor in Theater

Colleen has always been very family oriented, collaborating often with her siblings for her videos. She even became engaged and had a baby recently. Between this, as well as her talking about wanting to adopt in the future on her channel, social work would be a good fit. Because she likes to sing, act, and perform, she'd minor in theater too.

3. Shane Dawson – Film with a minor in psychology

In the last year or so, Shane's channel has been making docuseries that feature another YouTuber, follow him and his friends traveling, or the like. He's also made a movie, so film is the perfect fit. Psychology is a likely minor as well since he often talks about the human mind, especially in his conspiracy theory videos.

4. James Charles – Fashion Merchandising with a minor in Music

When Sister James isn't taking the beauty community by storm with his jaw-dropping looks, he's likely working with his clothing site, Sisters Apparel. This degree would certainly help him expand his brand. His channel has featured lots of musical content lately, so a minor in music is fitting as well.

5. Tana Mongeau - TLEP

One look at her channel, and her Instagram, shows she leads a pretty wild life. It seems like every other week she's off in some exotic location living it up. There's no doubt that Tana would be able to plan a trip or a party and make it the best you've ever had.

6. Gabbie Hanna – Creative Writing

Though her main focus is making YouTube videos, she also dabbles in writing. She's published a book as well as written several songs. I think if she weren't a YouTuber, she'd like to expand her writing skills as a creative writer.

7. Jeffree Star – Entrepreneurship

Jeffree is definitely one of the biggest beauty YouTube channels as well as one of the most influential voices in the beauty community generally. He's been incredibly successful with his store, Jeffree Star Cosmetics. This degree could help him expand his already great business even more.

8. Tyler Oakley – Political Science

Back in the much-debated presidential election of 2016, Tyler's channel had a lot of politically-oriented content. He even got Hilary Clinton to make a video with him. Poli sci would certainly be useful for him in being a political activist.

9. Lilly Singh – Communication

Lilly, aka Superwoman, started her YouTube channel to not only be a female comedienne but also give representation to Indian women on the platform. This makes a degree in communications fitting for her.

10. Cody Ko – Computer Science

Cody is pretty tech savvy, having built his own computer and actually having this degree in real life, so it's already a perfect fit.