Best YouTubers

16 YouTube Creators You Should Be Paying Attention To

The Paul brothers are canceled, hunny.

79
Flickr

I, like millions of other individuals on the planet, enjoy free entertainment. As a somewhat-broke college student with a minimum-wage job, I don't have the money OR the time to see movies, attend concerts, or go shopping on a regular basis. That is why the internet is a magical, glorious place. I can go shopping and be entertained, among other things, all in one place. YouTube is quite possibly the most amazing thing to arise from the web (besides memes and Amazon Prime, of course). As an avid watcher of YouTube for almost the past decade and as someone who is not easily entertained, I feel like I know a thing or two about the content quality of the site. Therefore, I have made it my duty (not that anyone asked or cares) to share with you the best content creators on YouTube.

1. JennaMarbles

Jenna Marbles is probably as OG YouTube as it gets. She's been putting out videos since 2010 and she doesn't show any signs of stopping. While her old content was somewhat problematic and reductive, she's since apologized and her content over the past few years has been incredible. I will find her funny until the day I die (I'm so serious, I paid $100 to meet her twice) and I absolutely adore the little family she's created with her three dogs and her boyfriend, Julien.

2. Julien Solomita

While Julien is known primarily as Jenna Marbles' boyfriend, he's established quite the following of his own. He uploads vlogs (video blogs) documenting his day-to-day life but puts a cinematic spin on them and the results are simply beautiful. His videos are minimal but the time, effort, and care he puts into them is always apparent.

3. Alissa Ashley

When I first really got into YouTube, I was obsessed with beauty videos and the online beauty community. As the years have passed, I've realized how toxic the beauty community is and have found so many creators who seem sincere and genuine and who cater to my tastes as I've grown up. Alissa Ashley is such a breath of fresh air and her videos never fail to make me smile. She's also a crazy talented makeup artist who utilizes so much creativity.

4. Cody Ko

Cody Ko first started his internet career as a Vine creator but has since joined the YouTube community and I'm so glad he did. He's hilarious and I'd listen to him say "LMAO" and "LOL" all day if I could.

5. KathleenLights

Kathleen is one of the most down-to-Earth creators I've ever watched. She's funny, genuine and makes an effort to share her personal struggles with her viewers. She's also brutally honest when it comes to reviewing beauty products.

6. BuzzFeedBlue and BuzzFeedVideo

These are literally only included because of BuzzFeed Unsolved and Worth It.

7. Binging with Babish

Honestly, I'm surprised this is the only food show I have listed. I'm obsessed with cooking shows and TV/movies and Babish's videos marry them perfectly. Not to mention, he's actually pretty funny and has a charismatic personality.

8. Jackie Aina

Jackie Aina is absolutely perfect. She's beautiful, intelligent, talented, hilarious, and she's a veteran. She's also incredibly blunt and is not at all afraid to voice her opinion or roast a brand or product. Aside from that, she's also vocal on her channel about issues regarding race , diversity, and inclusivity, especially in the beauty industry.

9. Simply Nailogical

Don't come here unless you're looking for nail tutorials that are few and far between.

10. Jkissa

It's always nice to see a YouTube creator actually be creative, for once. Jkissa is meticulous and creates beautiful, detailed beauty videos. I originally subscribed because she only used cruelty-free products, like myself, but I've come to love her for her beautiful tattoos, honest reviews, and sunny disposition.

11. Chris Klemens

I have nothing else to say about Chris Klemens except that he's the internet stoner version of Billy Eichner.

12. Cut

Cut is most likely responsible for your favorite viral videos. However, I'm obsessed with their Lineup series and the other thought-provoking, creative, and hilarious videos they put out.

13. Jenn Im

I've been subscribed to Jenn since she was simply "clothesenounters" and I've always loved her content. I loved when she only did fashion videos, but I've grown to love her beauty content, as well. She's versatile and creative and the aesthetics of her videos are unexpected and eye-catching.

14. Kim Thai

While Kim Thai started as more of a beauty influencer, her content has grown and become more varied. While I love her beauty-related content, I enjoy her mukbang videos more than anything she puts out. It sounds creepy and I can't explain it, but I'm obsessed with watching her eat.

15. Meghan Hughes

While I haven't watched much of her videos lately, Meghan Hughes has always intrigued me and I'm envious of her positive "IDGAF" attitude. She also has a rad taste in clothes and music and she makes videos you wouldn't typically expect from someone her age.

16. Safiya Nygaard

Safiya Nygaard is a creator you've definitely seen on the YouTube trending page. She started her internet career at BuzzFeed and was featured in hundreds of videos before leaving the company to start her own YouTube channel, which has grown and succeeded tremendously. At first glance, you would think she puts out the regular "clickbaity," "trendy" videos that are seen all over YouTube nowadays, but she manages to weave in thoughtful and educational anecdotes that give her videos much-needed depth and set them apart from similar content.