11 Things To Add To Your Guide To An Inexpensive Summer In Dallas

Enjoy your city.

141
Skeeze

Summer is almost here, and that means you're bound to spend the next three months watching Netflix. Instead, do this: go out, enjoy your city and be a tourist in your own city. No money, no problem, Dallas has plenty of cheap or inexpensive things to do this summer. From Kayaking at White Rock Lake to food truck tasting at Klyde Warren Park, Dallas has everything for everyone. Whether visiting for the first time or just a local trying to find a way to spend summer, this list has it all.

Here are 11 fun and exciting things to do in Dallas this summer.

1. Kayak at White Rock Lake

Nothing screams Dallas fun like a day at White Rock Lake. Kayak rentals are $17, or you can bring your own. Not the water type? Enjoy a nice hike around the lake.

2. Visit The Dallas Arboretum

Enjoy the sculptures and flower gardens. There's also a perfect view of the Dallas skyline if you know where to look. Admission is "buy one get one free" every Wednesday through July, so visit before time runs out.

3. Klyde Warren Park

Summers in Dallas means a plethora of free and inexpensive things to do at Klyde Warren. Check out the food trucks. Don't forget to try Ruthie's Rolling Cafe for some of the best grilled cheese sandwiches.

4. Dallas Museum of Art

You don't have to be a lover of art to visit this museum. Admission is free, so there's no excuse not to check out this Dallas classic. Did I mention it's across the street from Klyde Warren Park?

5. Dallas World Aquarium

The Dallas World Aquarium features a rainforest aquarium and interactive activities.

6. Bishop Arts District

Bishop Arts District is the perfect little neighborhood to go shopping while enjoying the perfect summer weather. There are plenty of restaurants and boutiques to visit. Don't forget to take a picture at the iconic "merry Christmas you filthy animal" sign.

7. View 4th of July Fireworks

This summer, Dallas has multiple ways to view fireworks. After The Rangers vs. Houston game at Globe Life Park in Arlington, there will be a fireworks display. Enjoy a great game and a show after.

8. Steel City Pops

Need a cooldown? Head over to Steel City Pops in Greenville for the best popsicles. There's a ton of different flavors and all under $5.

9. Ice Skate at Galleria

Enjoy a winter favorite at summer! Get your ice skates and head over to Galleria.

10. Go to a Rangers game

Need an all-American summer experience? Go to a Rangers game.

11. Spend time with family

Nothing says Summer like BBQ with friends and family, hanging by the pool and catching up.

What are your summer plans?