Your Back-To-School Classic Rock Playlist

Just take those old records off the shelf...

237
Popdose.com

We all know that summer goes by too fast, and the school year is fast approaching. College is a mixture of good times and struggles. It glorifies long nights of partying and avoiding responsibilities, much like rock n’ roll music. This genre of music also addresses the pressures of everyday life, which as college students we are just figuring out. I realize that it is 2017 and music has changed a lot, but many classic rock songs just don’t age and can be applied to many situations. I hope others find this music to be just as relevant as I do. Rock on.

Back in Black –AC/DC

Here I Go Again –Whitesnake

Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known (the road to education).

Welcome to the Jungle- Guns n’ Roses

We Will Rock You – Queen

The Boys Are Back In Town –Thin Lizzy

Hit Me With Your Best Shot –Pat Benatar

Born to Be Wild -Steppenwolf

Life in the Fast Lane –Eagles

Rockin’ in the Free World –Neil Young

Good Times Bad Times –Led Zeppelin

Glory Days –Bruce Springsteen

One bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer –George Thorogood & The Destroyers

Thunderstruck –AC/DC

For drinking games.

Roxanne –The Police

Also for drinking games.

Any Way You Want It -Journey

Good Times Roll –The Cars

Takin’ Care of Business -Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2 –Pink Floyd

Under Pressure –Queen/David Bowie

Self-explanatory.

Livin’ On A Prayer –Bon Jovi

For when you’re riding the struggle bus and need to scream sing.

Rock and Roll All Night –Kiss

Paradise City –Guns n’ Roses

For when you feel like you need to get away.

Old Time Rock & Roll –Bob Seger

For when you need to dance in your underwear.

It’s the end of the world as we know it (And I Feel Fine) –R.E.M.

Finals week.

Don’t Stop Believing –Journey

Cliché but necessary.