Why You Should Be An Artist

Why You Should Be An Artist

The best thing you could ever do!

22
Why You Should Be An Artist
https://www.instagram.com/geemariyah/?hl=en

Being an artist is challenging a lot of the time, yet it is the most rewarding thing I think I have ever done in my life. Art is something that for me is a way to release feelings and express myself. It is basically my stress reliever. For many of my fellow artist friends, it is the same way. Art is fun to us, it is something we love to do and we are good at it.

Yet, I've noticed that many people I talk to who are amazing at art do not pursue it. Why is that?

There are many reasons why people don't pursue art but the most common reasons why many do not pursue an art career is because they don't think they can make it in the industry or they think they won't be able to make money to sustain themselves and their lifestyles.

But this isn't the case. If you are an artist, you should wholeheartedly go for what you love and chose an art industry path. I could write you a list of over 100 reasons as to why you should pursue an art-based career but I will just leave it to the top three reasons.

The first reason is that you found something you truly love and have fun doing. Being a college student and talking to many other people in different majors, I cannot express how many people dislike their major but are doing it because it is the best way to get money. You are fortunate enough to find something you love and what you can do for the rest of your life, many aren't so lucky.

The second reason is that it is so rewarding being an artist. You are able to market yourself on platforms such as Instagram, Holondis, Art Amino, and many other apps. Also, when you create art and share it on these platforms you get to reach out to your followers and you get to meet fellow artists.

The last reason is that in this day and age, the art industry is booming! As well, careers such as animation, graphic design, and interior design, comic book illustration, and web developer (just to name a few) are in high demand because now everything is digital. The world is changing in favor for the artists.

It's scary picking a career that you ultimately do for a good portion of your life or even your entire life, but trust yourself and believe in your choices. you will know what you want to do.

So if you are an artist who is really considering an art career, I suggest you should. It will be the best decision of your life and life is too short not to do the things you love!

Have a great day!