You Deserve A Second Chance

You Deserve A Second Chance

Don't think you've run out.

17
You Deserve A  Second Chance

Life is all about chances. We get them everyday. We expect chances and group them into the plan that we have mapped out for ourselves. You get a chance to go to college, make straight A's, go on a dates and go through recruitment for a fraternity/sorority. But what happens when those chances don't work out the way you planned them to?

You didn't get the scholarship to the school of your dreams. You didn't make straight A's at the school you did get a scholarship at. You didn't get a call back after the date. And you didn't get a bid from the fraternity/sorority you really wanted. Sometimes, things just happen. You get sick, someone dies, you don't get enough hours at work.

But that is what second chances are for.

We are all blessed with second chances, everyday. You must take them by the horns and run with them. Take them in any manner you find. Go to the college you got the best scholarship for, make a 3.5 or just a 3.0, say "hello" to the person you went on a date with the next time you see them and accept the bid from the organization who loved you and thought they couldn't live without you.

It is never too late for a second chance.

Whether it's today, tomorrow, when you're twenty or when you're forty, or even later than that, second chances are new everyday. Don't think that you are too old, too young, too stupid, too poor or too under-qualified. You are full of endless possibilities and equipped to do whatever you set your mind to.

Whether it's you, your friend or the man on the street looking down and out on his luck, tell yourself, her or him that they are full of endless potential. Tell them that they, too, are worthy of a second chance so spectacular that the fireworks of Disney pale in comparison to the splendor of new opportunity.

I don't know if I'm writing this as a letter to myself or as a letter to everyone who is feeling like they've run out of chances, but I hope that this gives you a light of hope. I hope that you know you are worthy of a second chance.