You Can Be Anything You Want

You Can Be Anything You Want

The world is in your hands.

15
You Can Be Anything You Want
Yessica Ramirez

“Just because you have a camera, doesn’t make you a photographer.”

This saying infuriates me. I can be anything I want. Hell I can be superman if I want. Just because I'm not the absolute best doesn't make me any less of a photographer. I am aware that I’m not a professional at photoshop, but I do put my all in to it. I like to do it, so why not? I may not be the best or have a good eye for art like Frida Kahlo. Yet.

I’m starting from the bottom. Isn’t that how it goes? Step by step? I try everyday and I do what I love because I have such a passion for it. I push myself because there is no limit. I know, and have more confidence than Kanye has of Kanye, that I will be absolutely great at what I do. If you think that someone who tells me that just because I have a camera and take pictures doesn’t make me photographer is going to stop me, you are completely wrong. I exceed my limits and goals. I have days where I don't know what to or how to edit a certain picture or take long, but one bad day isn’t going to stop me. I have days where I wish I could just set my hand on a professionals head and take in all their knowledge become a badass photographer already, but I know that’s not how it goes. I know it takes time. I know that there is a first for everything. Sometimes the first time you do something isn’t always going to be the best. One of the many reasons why you should keep trying and never give up.

You can be and do anything you set your mind to.

There are times when I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know everything about photography, or every little thing about cameras and computer programs. It makes me more nervous because I feel like I have to learn it right there and then. I have just learned that in order to make it to the top you have to have patience with yourself and most of all be your own supporter. There is no need to rush everything because you'll learn it eventually, you shouldn't fight the universe. Sometimes you have to be as fluid as liquid in this life and let everything take it's place.

I apply this lesson to my everyday life because that's how it is.

You have to push yourself in order to succeed. One bad day can't be the reason why you let it all go. You've come this far, keep going. Fight harder. You keep falling? Get back up, find a new route and keep going.

My mom taught me that anything you put your mind to can be achieved. Is everything I have ever achieved a result of my hard work? Yes, but also because of God. Never steal the glory from God. I have come this far because God has been with me through every part of the process. There are many reasons that many will say that this is all you and your hard work, and you can go on to believe that, but I choose to give thanks to God. Without him, I am nothing.