A Letter Of Encouragement To Those Struggling This January

A few months ago I wrote an article on suicide. I wrote it to inform the misinformed that suicide is not selfish and never will be. Well as most people know, January is the month out of the year that has the highest suicide rates. So, I am writing this as an encouragement letter and as a helping hand letter

89

Anytime I hear someone has committed suicide I am heartbroken, whether I know them or not. With January being right after the holidays, I can see why it has the highest rates, but it doesn’t have to. Yes, I know after the holidays money is often tight. People are starting to live paycheck to paycheck or they don’t have enough money to buy their children and families gifts so they feel bad. I wish these people didn’t feel this way. If only they knew their families don’t care and that they love them, they would stay a bit longer.

Like I said, I want this to be a letter of encouragement to those considering to take their life. I want you to know it is okay and if you can wait just a bit longer everything can get better. Yes, I know you may be struggling but let myself and others help you. Your family and friends love you and want to keep you around and they would do anything for you whether you believe that or not. Myself and others I know are always open to listen and open to offering you help and maybe a place to sleep. There was a Facebook post going around this week talking about if you come to me I will listen, the coffee is always ready and my couch is always open, and it is so true. Honestly, if you need anything at all reach out to someone and they will help.

I know what losing someone to suicide feels like and I would never want someone to live through that. So I want to offer some help. There are so many suicide hotlines out there that really want to help you. The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is open 24 hours a day and also has an online chat you can get help through. Their website for the chat is http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ and their hotline number is 1-800-273-8255. Please, please, please call them if you need help. Sometimes people don’t want to talk to someone face to face and in person and I understand that, so that is why I am offering this hotline and website.

There are so many more hotlines out there and they can all be found on google. I am begging to call for help if you need it. If it is 1 AM and you don’t know what to do and no one is awake around you, someone will be awake at this and any hotline.

If you or anyone you know is considering suicide, please get help or get them help. I love you and your family loves you. Who cares what anyone else thinks. You are a perfect individual and you will always be perfect. If you are reading this and you need to talk please reach out to me. Find me on Facebook or comment something on this article and I will find you. All I want to do is to get you help and to help you see your worth and how much you are loved.

Don’t give up on this fight. Keep going and push all the obstacles out of your way with force. Walk with your head high and forget others. Love yourself and know that is all that matters.