Stan Lee Was A Legend, No Matter What You Think
Celebrities

Yes, Guys, Stan Lee Was A Legend, No Matter What You Think

May he rest in peace.

32

As if 2018 literally couldn't get any worse, Stan Lee died on November 12th.

This was a great loss for not only us Marvel/comic book people, but for humanity as a whole. Stan Lee was truly a kind man, and while his creativity led him to heights he never could have dreamed of, he never let it get to his head.

He was truly a gift to the world, giving kids a new platform to realize that even ordinary kids can be super and that no matter who you are, you deserve to feel super from time to time. Stan Lee provided an escape, a platform, for people to lose themselves in the stories of these superheroes who, at their core, weren't much different than us just trying to live an average life.

Fun Fact: Ironman was created when Stan Lee was bet that he couldn't make people like an unlikable character. He won that bet.

While some people prefer comics, and some prefer the movies, everyone in the Marvel fan base can agree that Stan Lee is the reason why we fell in love with Marvel in the first place. He made superheroes cool again. He made some of our famous celebrities famous. And, due to all his cameos, he is the highest paid actor of all time.

Man, what a legacy.

I am not the first to say this, nor am I the last, but Stan Lee, you will be missed. I hope you're chilling happily with Joanie.

To conclude this article, here is my favorite quote from Stan Lee:

"I used to be embarrassed because I was just a comic book writer while other people were building bridges or going on to medical careers. And then I began to realize: entertainment is one of the most important things in peoples lives. Without it they might go off the deep end. I feel if you're able to entertain people, you're doing a good thing." — Stan Lee