A year and a half with Odyssey, and I don't regret a second.

Here's To My Year And A Half At Odyssey

549 days, 43 articles, and 4.6 thousand views later, I can't express how thankful I am to have found this amazing platform.

47
Here's To My Year And A Half At Odyssey

I joined Odyssey in the July of 2017 and that doesn't seem like a very long time ago, but when you're juggling twenty other things, you realize that it's been a year and a half. That actually is a pretty long time.

This community of amazing people has done so much for me that I can't imagine what would've happened had I not joined.

I obviously wouldn't have met all of the great creators and writers that I know now, and I definitely wouldn't have made any improvement to my time management (not that it's great now, but it certainly is better than before).

This past year and a half has been a wild ride.

There was a brief time in the middle of it where I took a break from writing to figure out if I wanted to come back to it (spoiler alert, I did), and then I realized I didn't have the time to worry about it. I love writing and I shouldn't let anything get in my way.

That took some time to figure out, but once I did, I knew I had made the best decision I'd made in a while.

When I started writing, I never imagined I'd enjoy it as much as I do.

Writing has become my way to escape so many troubling situations, whether I was directly affected or not. Any problem I had, I just opened up my laptop and wrote about it. From writing about dealing with toxic friendships to writing about my favorite coffee chain, I've somehow always found the right words to say.

Here we are now, December 2018.

A whole year and a half later, I look back on one of the best things to happen to me, though it didn't always seem like it. This opportunity was something I knew I couldn't turn down, but I've truly had my ups and downs with writing, and the platform in general.

There were times I felt like I was on top of the world, and there were times where I wanted to quit, but I held it together. I pushed through to this point and I couldn't be more proud of myself.

So here's to my time with Odyssey.

I can't believe how fast time has flown by. This platform has built a better me, and I'm excited to see where I go from here. A year and a half down, so many more to go.