A Year At The Odyssey Online

A Year At The Odyssey Online

The last year writing for the Odyssey has given me a voice and a platform to share my thoughts and that is the goal of Odyssey communities all over the country and world.

144
A Year At The Odyssey Online

I have been writing for the Odyssey for a year now and I can honestly say it has been a year of new experiences. I would never have imagined a year ago when I took a chance in a college dorm room to sign up to be an Odyssey creator that I would be sharing stories about myself that I would NEVER have been brave enough to share before.

I would never have imagined that I would be a contributing editor and would have the chance to not only write my own content but give feedback to others on their writing. My Odyssey team has taught me so much about myself, how to be a better writer and how to be a better college student. In the past year, I have publicly shared my struggles with anxiety and have received such support.

If I take nothing else away from the past year it is that I have become more confident in my ability to talk about a stigma that affects so many and made me realize that I am not alone in this fight and never will be. I have written articles that I have loved, articles that I have struggled to make better and articles that I would never have expected to get such a positive reception.

To all the people who have read my work every week for the past year, liked, commented or shared, I appreciate it more than you will ever know. The last year writing for the Odyssey has given me a voice and a platform to share my thoughts and that is the goal of Odyssey communities all over the country and world. I am grateful for all that I have been able to share with you in the past year and I look forward to all the writing I will be able to share in the future.

Love,

Lily