"I Write Because I Must"

"I Write Because I Must"

Yeah, I Might Not Be Able To Define Calcicosis (Yes, I Had To Look This Up), But I Can Sure Write A Good Article

47
"I Write Because I Must"
the-newshub.com

“I write because I must. It’s not a choice or a pastime, it’s an unyielding calling and my passion.” - Elizabeth Reyes

As I sit here, pondering what I should write for my next article, many thoughts flow through my mind, yet none at all. Does that even make sense? To have so many ideas, yet none at all? So as I think and shoot down idea after idea, I think about writing in itself.

Why do I do this? Why do I write down my thoughts? Putting my words down on paper (or in this case, putting them into cyberspace) instead of just saying them?

Maybe it’s because it’s what I enjoy, to simply put it. Some people are the football star, or the top of their class, or a great dancer. I am none of those things, but give me a paper or an article to write, and I’m your girl.

We are all born with different talents, and hobbies, and I guess this is what I was chosen for.

Writing has always been an escape for me. Somewhere where I could put down all of my thoughts and get them out of my head. Sometimes, it doesn’t matter that people don’t read what I write because I write it for myself.

I don’t know what it is, and if someone came up to me and asked “Why do you write so much?”, I would probably think about the answer for a while and ultimately respond, “Why do you laugh so much?”.

Because you enjoy it. Because it feels great to have someone compliment you on your smile. Because life simply wouldn’t be the same without it.

All of these same things go for writing. The best feeling in the world, to me, is getting complimented on an article or paper, and I truly couldn’t imagine not having the ability to channel all of these feelings and ideas that I have to paper. My mind would go crazy.

I know writing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s fine. But think about your hobby or passion, and all of the great things you love about it. That’s what writing is to me.

Maybe in the future, my job won’t allow me to write as much as I want, but you better believe that I will always be writing, whether it be for my job or just purely for myself. And that’s what passion ultimately is.

It’s the ability to be excited about something time after time. It’s the ability to convey your happiness in an object. It’s the ability to express your strong emotions.

So, sometimes the inspiration is lying within the subject matter itself. Maybe it’s okay to just let the ideas flow and allow yourself to write what you feel. And maybe it’s okay to love something a little too much.