I'm The Worst At Being A 'Girly Girl', But I'm The Best At Being Myself

It's not all about whose liner is most 'on fleek'

327

On any given day, it takes me 20 minutes max to get ready for class. I roll out of bed, take a five-minute 'power shower', and throw on clean clothes. If I'm feeling fancy, I might swipe a little mascara over my eyelashes to make myself look more awake.

Seems pretty normal, right? Well, it's really no different when I get ready to go out. I mean, curling my hair is a HUGE deal to me! I don't even bother trying to put on a full face of makeup because I know that it'll melt right off by the end-of-night rendition of 'Mr. Brightside'. As for walking in heels? Forget about it.

I'll choose my Adidas Superstars over stilettos [almost] any day -- I'll admit that it's fun to occasionally dress up. (If I'm wearing a dress and heels, it's bound to be an interesting night). Nevertheless, I have absolutely zero expertise in these areas, which often results in a few texts or phone calls to friends who are better at dolling themselves up than I will ever be.

I'm clearly super low maintenance in comparison to a lot of other girls, which definitely has its pros and cons. I wish I knew what highlighter does for your face, and I'd love to learn how to paint my own fingernails for a change. In all honesty, I'd rather pay other people to do these things for me, instead of screwing up myself. At the end of the day, no matter what, I'll be chilling in sweats with my hair in a high ponytail. Doesn't that sound amazing?

As for other things, I've never cried during a movie except for Marley & Me (I mean, come on, guys). I'm always up for trying new things, but Nicholas Sparks films don't exactly entertain me. TV shows that lots of girls are into also do not appeal to me. I'll never understand the obsession with "The Bachelor" because as far as I know, it's a show about fake love. For real, what's all the hype about?

I wish I could relate to a lot of my friends, but we have a ton of different interests. And that's totally OK. I'd much rather watch a hockey fight than any movie with a cliche plot line, and you'll never find me putting in excessive amounts of effort to look good. However, I'm at that point in my life where I'd rather not change it up. I'm comfortable in my own skin, and that's all that matters.