Don't Let Fear Stop You From Working Towards Your Dreams
Life Stages

Don't Let Fear Stop You From Working Towards Your Lifelong Dreams

Try not to think about all the hurdles you have to conquer, just take every hurdle one step at a time and don't forget your end goal.

115

I have many dreams and desires that I so badly want to achieve in my life. Like becoming a part of creating positive social change on a global scale, and even starting my own company. It took me the first semester of college to get the wake-up call that now is the time to actually take the first steps to shoot for my dreams, and boy is it scary.

As Franklin D. Roosevelt said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." If we continue to let the overwhelming fear of failing overpower our minds and prevent us from shooting for our dreams, it will be very difficult to achieve anything. It's time to push out the negativity as much as we can, and even if you fail, evaluate what went wrong, learn from it, and keep going. Before college, I used to join clubs and would often quit for fear of being judged by other people. I still have a long ways to go to get rid of this fear, but writing this article and acknowledging the fear is one step closer to getting rid of it. We must learn to never be discouraged by the amount of hard work required to achieve our goals but believe in ourselves that with dedication and willpower, anything is possible.

For example, if a track star looks at the hurdles and uses that to determine if they want to run the race or not, then the probability of them getting a gold medal is extremely low. What's important is the end goal of success, and we can't let the number of obstacles deter it. Try not to think about all the hurdles you have to conquer, just take every hurdle one step at a time and don't forget your end goal.