5 Words Of Advice For The Incoming College Freshmen

Go to all your classes!!!

97
Mckinsey&Company

Going to college can be a huge transition! You are in a new environment, don't know anyone, and you are no longer living with your parents. As you start your freshman year of college here are some words of advice to make the transition easier!

1. Reach out to the people living in your hall!

These are the people you will be living with for this whole year and you have to get to know them sooner or later! If you have a group chat, invite them over to watch a movie or do homework together. Or you can just keep your door open and say hi as they walk bye. You can make a lot of friends this way!

2. Join clubs!

Join as many clubs as you can! Even if you aren't 100% sure you are interested in a particular club, join and go to a meeting because you will never know if you like it or not if you don't try!

3. Get a job on campus!

Getting a job will be a huge help when you need some money. It will also help you meet people and make friends!

4. Call your parents!

I know it's nice to have a ton of freedom but they miss you and you probably miss them too! I always felt better and was more productive after talking to my parents.

5. Go to all your classes!

It can be so easy to turn your alarm off and skip your 8am but trust me you will fall behind and it's really not worth it.

Have fun your freshman year! The transition can be tough but make the most out of everything because it really does go by fast.