For Every Woman Who Has Been Told They Are Too Much

Women are told they are too much only by small-minded people.

16
www.everypixel.com
Every Pixel

“You're being overly emotional."

“Resting bitch face much?"

“You need to calm down."

“You're too loud."

“Sit like a lady."

“Don't be crazy."

The number of times I have heard these phrases (believe me, I am not alone in this) is “too much“ to count. Women are told, not only by men but also by other women as well, that they are too much of everything, when the fact is we aren't too much of anything.

We're exactly who we are supposed to be.

My whole life, I have been told I am too sensitive when, in reality, I understand my emotions and allow myself to feel them. I have been told I am too aggressive.

“Allow yourself to be the lady."

"No guy wants a girl who is as strong as their man."

Do you see the problem with that?

Women are told they are too much only by small-minded people, people who don't understand what it is to be a real woman. For generations and generations, women have overcome and outgrown the expectations even men put for themselves.

We are doctors, lawyers, teachers, and counselors. We are mothers, aunts, cousins, and sisters. We stand together in a way no brotherhood could understand.

So, the next time someone says you are “too much" or even just to “smile a little," throw one finger in the air and smile wider and brighter.

"Women are too emotional. They are bitches. They are too aggressive. They cry all the time. They are indecisive and insensitive at times."

We will be the first people there to give you a hug when you've had a rough day. We are the first people to tell you it's time to stop crying and be strong. We are all of these things and so much more.

So, remember ladies, whenever you are told you are too much of something, just remember you are too good to not be too much.