Grey's Anatomy Showed Us Women Empowerment Is Everything

'Grey's Anatomy' Showed Us Women Empowerment Is Everything

You are not alone. Stand with us.

59

If you haven't watched Season 15 Episode 19 then BEWARE of these spoilers.

Grey's Anatomy has been running strong since 2005. 14 years and 15 seasons strong. You can't watch an episode without crying or having a roller coaster of emotions (especially when you hear How To Save A Life or Chasing Cars). But if there is anything that I can say about this last episode that Grey's just aired, it's that without a doubt one of THE BEST episodes aired that shows that women supporting each other is everything.

It is women's history month so you already knew that Grey's was going to have some type of women empowerment meaning behind the show but what we did not know was how deep and emotional it was going to be. Not only did Grey's bring awareness to Women's History Month but also brought awareness to sexual assault.

Being a women is hard enough as it is but that does not mean that we cannot empower each other and lift each other up. Who is to say that we as women cannot be successful but also be there for each other. We should be fixing each others crown when it is slanted not shout it out to the world.

All of the female leads in Grey's Anatomy not only plays the part of a strong female doctor but in real life they support each other but also support the causes behind each episode. For this episode; each one of these strong female leads as well as the producers, directors, and screen writers believe in that being a sexual assault survivor and sharing your story however way you need it; you are NOT alone.

Whether you are a survivor or know someone who was a survivor; sexual assault will always be a hard topic to talk about. We live in a world where lately women have been lying about whether or not they were sexually assaulted but also we live in a world where women are blamed for their sexual assault. Because the women was wearing too short of a skirt, because we drank too much and was flirty at the bar. Regardless of what you were wearing, how much you drank, how flirtatious you were; sex WITHOUT consent from BOTH sides is NOT okay.

No one should be living in constant fear of being touched the wrong way or even being touched at all. Women should not live their life being scared. We are STRONG women and Grey's Anatomy not only allows us to see that women can support each other in many ways but also allows us to not be scared to share our story.

If you are a survivor, you are not alone. You do not need to stand alone. We as women need to stand by each other and Grey's Anatomy simply shows that standing and uniting together is stronger than anything.