Jess Glynne: Will You Be My Valentine?

Jess Glynne: Will You Be My Valentine?

This is a bad idea.

40
Jess Glynne: Will You Be My Valentine?
Instagram

Today is a very special day, friends. Today marks the day that I throw caution to the wind and decide to fangirl so hard on the Internet and probably make a fool of myself. In the name of Valentine's Day, this hopeless romantic would like to ask Grammy-winning singer/songwriter Jess Glynne to be her valentine.

For much of 2014, it seemed like you couldn't listen to the radio for more than 10 minutes without hearing the unbelievably catchy "Rather Be" by British house group Clean Bandit featuring the deep and soulful voice of someone by the name of Jess Glynne.

The song became a Grammy-winning smash, and I couldn't shake that amazing voice. Equipped with the full power of the Internet, I embarked on a journey (OK, so it probably took like 30 seconds) to find the glorious creature attached to this amazing voice. Then, there she was…

Let's pause the story for second, shall we? I've never really had a "type" ("I ain't got no type, I like what I like"), but I've always thought my absolute dream girl would have/be five things: blue eyes, red hair, British, taller than me, and awesome personality. Jess: perfect blue eyes, redhead, British (the best accent), 5' 10" (according to the Internet, 2.5" taller than me), and from what I can tell, wicked awesome personality. OK, now back to the story.

So here I am, looking at this gorgeous woman and I just think to myself:

She's perfect!

How have I gone all this time without this person and her incredible music?

Fast forward to early 2016, I have Jess' album on nearly constant repeat and I love it more and more everytime I listen to it. I was even lucky enough to go see Jess in concert when she came to Boston.

Betty gets me.

Just when I think she can't get more dreamy, she straightens her hair and looks like the human version of Jessica Rabbit!

C'mon!

Hold up, Audra -- how could you have anything in common with this beautiful and incredibly talented pop sensation? Well, let's examine the facts. We both love music, especially British music. Plus, we both think Idris Elba needs to be the next James Bond and/or the next Doctor Who. We both love to swear, love concerts, and love the city of London. That's enough for now, but seriously, we could probably talk about music for hours.

Speaking of music, go buy Jess Glynne's debut album "I Cry When I Laugh."

You won't regret it, I promise. Whether you're single, heartbroken, or in a great relationship this Valentine's Day, you need this in your life. And check out her music videos too, like this one where she wears not one but two suits and looks seriously badass.

OK, I'm done.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

May I take this opportunity to formally ask... Jess Glynne, will you be my valentine?