Women Can Be Doctors
Life Stages

Why Women Can Be Doctors

I am a female and I can successfully become a doctor.

129
https://pixabay.com/en/women-s-march-political-rally-human-2001566/

STEM fields are overrun with males and their hormones and the healthcare field is no exception. We tend to think of women as nurses and men as doctors but women are just as capable of being doctors as men. I am one of those women that will be a doctor.

Traditional gender roles are being challenged more and more every day from the shift to the workforce from the home to becoming CEOs instead of personal assistants. Women are continuing to break the glass ceiling and it is time for the world to recognize that they are more than capable of being doctors.

My personal goal is to break into the healthcare field as either a surgeon or an emergency medicine doctor. I can do this because I am strong-willed and independent just like many other women looking to break into the medical profession as more than a nurse.

There is nothing wrong with women as nurses; however, there is something wrong when women believe that all they can be is a nurse instead of going through the many years of grueling medical training to become a physician's assistant or a doctor. We don't believe we can so we choose not to instead of taking a chance and proving ourselves and everyone else wrong.

As a first-year college student, I made the decision to pursue a career as a doctor instead of a nurse. I was all set to become a nurse until I found someone who believed I was destined for more. A person who believed I was destined to make decisions and be in charge. I would not have regretted becoming a nurse had I chosen that path but I would have regretted not choosing to believe I could do more.

Women, believe that you are smart and important. No matter what career option you choose, it is the one you were meant to do whether it's being a nurse or a doctor you can be a strong and important person. Women can be doctors, but they can also be whatever they choose to be.