Why We All Need to Be More Like Elle Woods

What, like it's hard?

74
Her Campus

Legally Blonde is a classic "chick flick" for a reason. Besides the fact that Reese Witherspoon herself is a goddess, she portrays Elle Woods, a girl who knows her worth and what she has to offer to the world. She demands to be respected and doesn't mind making things fun along the way. As I grow older, the movie character that I loved as a kid has remained to be someone I look up to, and here's why.

1. She follows her dreams, regardless of the risk.

Determination and motivation can go a long way.

2. She has no problem shutting down those who doubt her.

Who said girls can't be pretty and smart?

3. In fact, she uses those who doubt her as her motivation to be better and prove people that she is capable of anything.

All women deserve to be taken seriously - even if they have scented résumés.

4. She deals with her emotions but knows when it's time to move on.

Post break-up, we all need some time to be upset, confused, and hurt. However, there needs to be a point where you inevitably pick yourself up, stop stalking their Instagram and start over again.

5. She doesn't let people take advantage of her.

Elle could've told the saleswoman trying to sell her last season's dress that she wasn't interested, but instead she made sure the saleswoman knew she wasn't going to fall for her tricks.

6. She's not afraid to stand up to cat-callers.

And she uses legal terms while doing it!

7. She listens to her friends and gives them helpful advice.

Elle genuinely cares about the happiness and well-being of her friends, which is why she goes out of her way to help them.

8. She also knows when to take advice.

Elle (rightly so) feels discouraged about her abilities after he finds out her professor only selected her to work with him because he was attracted to her. But after some advice was given to her, she knew she had to prove him wrong.

9. She uses her "street smarts" to her advantage.

Elle appeared to be an underdog in the courtroom, but ultimately revealed the real murderer by knowing the hair care rules of a basic perm. Now that's impressive.

10. She knows when to let go of people who are holding her back.

Sure Elle was in love with Warren, he was the reason she wanted to go to Harvard in the first place. But once she discovered her capability and passion for justice-, she realizes he would've just gotten in the way of her success.

11. She's not afraid to dish some attitude to those undeserving of her kindness.

Not being respected by someone? They clearly don't deserve manners from you.

12. She never gave up- even when everyone else around her doubted her.

Only you know what you are fully capable of. Chances are, there will always be someone out there who thinks that you aren't enough. Not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not experienced enough, etc. But none of that matters. What really matters is that you work to your fullest potential, and you'll be amazed at what you can and will accomplish.