Why 'The Lion King' is the Best Disney Movie of All Time

The definitive list. No questions asked.

4107
CDN

Disney's "The Lion King" came out in 1994. So like me, this film is 21 years old and still going strong. As a child, I watched it multiple times a day, sang-a-long to every song, collected every toy, and interpretive danced to the soundtrack in my living room while jumping off a "pride rock" of pillows. I lived and breathed this movie. Its depth, fun, adventure, emotional twists and turns, plot, and all of the following reasons have earned it the title of best Disney movie.

1. It stars lions.

2. There is adventure and adrenaline pumping moments.

3. There are moments that will still make you tear up 21 years later.

One of the worst moments of my life.

4. There is lion love.

5. The soundtrack is a phenom.

6. You get to see what it's like to be best friends with a meerkat and warthog.

7. The mighty and majestic King Mufasa and Queen Sarabi.

8. Adorable baby lion cubs.

9. This scene which actually made you want to consider trying a bug.

10. The beautiful home of Timon and Pumbaa.

11. The "Hakuna Matata" lifestyle.

12. But also, the important message to be true to who you are and your sense of duty.

13. Nala is a tough bitch.

14. It taught us real life lessons like sometimes your Uncle can be a sociopath and should not be allowed to run the Pridelands.

15. Jokes that we understand as a more mature audience.

Lol, JK.

16. Rafiki's wisdom.

17. Rafiki being an asshole.

18. You can run from your past forever or you can learn from it.

The realest lesson in the game.

19. How pumped you got when Simba was returning home to f*** shit up.

20. This scene which made you wish there was a "Lion King 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9" so we could see Simba through each of his life stages.

21. Simba was kinda hot, tbh.