The Primary Colors Are The Best Ways To Consume Art

I don't really think anyone likes the secondary colors that much anyway.

19
Angelina Sakkestad

Remember back in elementary school art class when you learned the color wheel?

It was always in art class that I had the most fun. I always envisioned myself becoming a famous artist, one who would have their artwork hung as examples in other art classes like mine.

As I got older, I eventually learned that my daydreams of being an artist were really quite futile. I knew where my traces and coloring abilities laid, and I was okay with that.

That doesn't mean I ever stopped appreciating art. No, it was when I discovered how much I loved writing that I realized I could make art with my words. I could create this visual worlds in the imagination of readers.

I could write about the art I silently appreciated so much. While this isn't a "Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh, I have always appreciated the primary colors to be art in just combination.

Think about it. These three colors are the gods of the color world. They are creation, regulation, and destruction. An extra dash or addition of one can make or break a color.

Add a dash of red to green and it's ruined. Add an extra drop of yellow and you have the perfect intermediate color in your sunset. These colors are glorious in their flexibility.

The primary colors are just the right amount of different from each other that by combining them, say in fashion, it can be revolutionary.

Take an outfit that is all black; shoes, shirt, pants, everything. Now, replace the shirt with a true blue sweatshirt. Top it with a yellow denim jacket. Throw on a pair of red tennis shoes.

Add a nude lip if you'd like; the warmer the color, the more it'll bring out the red shoes. Want to use a lip that has blue undertones? Fantastic! It'll make the sweatshirt stand out.

The primary colors, especially when used in fashion, are my favorite ways to consume art. A combination of colors and pieces can create something revolutionary.