Why I Love Criminal Minds

Why I Love Criminal Minds

Just thoughts.

134
Why I Love Criminal Minds
CBS

This summer, I started to rewatch Criminal Minds from the Beginning. I started watching criminal minds four years ago and I’ve been in love with the show ever since. I know a lot of people are not fans of this show because of its brutal content, but I am not writing this article to convince anyone. This is only an outlet to express my love for the show.

First and foremost, I learn something from the show every time I watch it. Every episode has a theme, so to speak, and the theme is pointed out by the quotes in the beginning and end. I wrote all the quotes down. Sometimes I understand; sometimes I don't. when I do, it seems like I know more about the human psyche. Also, in the show, there is a lot of practical knowledge, like how to protect myself.

The second reason is probably that I've always loved and admired crime fighters. I dreamt of being one when I was a little girl. And the characters in the BAU evoked the part in me that wants to be a crime fighter. I know the stories are not real, but the show gave me a peek into that world that I am not in and probably will never be in. I felt like a part of the story; a part of that world. The thought is comforting.

I guess the last reason, is the successful characters in the show. I love every one of them. They are so intelligent and dedicated to the cause. Everyone is different in terms of their personality and action; their past and their future. They are all adorable in different ways, yet they are all the same. They are all trying their hardest to make the world a better place. In the meantime, they are not perfect. They have their demons, whether it is the past or the present, even the future. They are battling their demons every day just like each and every one of us in the real world.

Yes, Criminal Minds is scary, because I see every possible crime that might be committed, as brutally as possible. But at the end of the day, there is always something that warms you in the show. And I guess that is what I love that most. No matter how dark, how scary the night is, there is always a bright day waiting for you.